• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Leds in the front bumper!

Hey guys, just did a 2 minute photoshop of an s2000 with the mugen splitter. I added the lights in place of the fake brake air ducts. Just wanted to know what your opinions are on the look of the car. Really all i want to know is if it would be worth the hassle looking for a company who would custom build them for me, since i dont think a product like this exists right now. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Looking forward to hearing your views

I think you need to click the picture to get the full size image.
mugen-s2000- edit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks copied off Porsche/ Audi.

yea, I think it depends on how well it would be made. Depending on how well it would be done it could look like a really cheap knock off or I think it could look pretty stunning if it was done to perfection. Either way, I still want to know what people on the forums think of it.

It would definitely be a risky move, that's why I want to listen to views first.

Personally i think its a german car thing. Not really a jap car mod.

Saying that it doesn't look terrible.

....yellow would look pretty darn good on the car in the image. But you need to bare in mind my S2000 is in white! Would yellow lights be illegal? Just wondering...

Oh! and also, if anybody knows where i can get the Mugen splitter and spoiler that would be of great help. I'm wanting a pretty easy buy, not buying from the US etc. If there is an approved Mugen parts retailer in UK that do these parts then that would be of great help.

Yellow lights at the front of the car!!! Nice!!!!!!! What about headlights? I know that you get alot of old cars with yellowish white lights but what if you were to purposely buy them in yellow?!? Yellow headlights AND yellow LEDs would be waaay fine! On second thoughts, i have a feeling this would be pretty illegal actually.

Yellow headlights are legal and will pass MOT as they are European standard. Youll see alot of motorbikes in cities etc using them and a few lads in there white ek9's over here havew adopted this and use yellow headlights to match there fog. Visibility from an onlooker very striking but visibility from a driver pont of view hmmmmmm i wonder

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989
SCHEDULE 2 (Regulations 18 and 20)
PART I
REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO OBLIGATORY FRONT POSITION LAMPS AND TO OPTIONAL FRONT POSITION LAMPS TO THE EXTENT SPECIFIED IN PART II
7. Colour:
White or, if incorporated in a headlamp which is capable of emitting only a yellow light, yellow.

EU law was changed in 1995 regarding this though so im unsure, a quick ask in a MOT centre would resolve this

Good point, they'd have to be really bright but dipped slightly or something. I dunno. I really have no idea what the law says is ok and what is not.. definitely still considering it though now. White AP2 with Yellow all round.. thats something i should definitely think about!

The Mugen parts will more than likely require improting from Japan - your best bet would be to through James@Touge.

You'd be looking at about £2.5k to get both items here into the country.

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Mugen-Rear-Wing--84112-XGS-K2S0/

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Mugen-Front-Aero-Bumper--62511-XGS-K0S0/

Wow, thanks for your help! I think i previously found another website which i had to buy from an overseas company and just thought there was maybe an easier option. To me though, if this Touge website is good, then i may just order them in.

Thanks for the links!

EDIT: Sorry i think the link you sent me was for the bumper that Mugen do. I'm after the splitter really. Thanks anyway!

EDIT2: Found it! They have the splitter too!

To get back on subject, i think with the LEDs, i was just thinking that the fake air ducts aren't doing anything useful anyway. They trap more air than the car would if they weren't there at all. I might aswell try and do something with them (not that it would resolve the small matter).

Is there anyone out there who can suggest a body shop possibly willing enough to take on the job?

If you've got a GT100 then i say dont do it. There such a nice car they dont need pimping to be honest.

Haha, to be honest guys, since picking up the car a few days ago, i have changed my mind. I do quite like the car as it is now. I step out the house and onto my driveway looking at it and just enjoying the view. There really is no need to change anything! I've just arrived in Hongkong a few moments ago, and so am a little busy, but i'll put the pictures up as soon as i have the time. Hope you guys enjoy, i spent a good five hours Autoglyming it to perfection inside and out.

Back