• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Less noisy exhaust

Hi there!

I'm Andrey and I would like to say HI everyone from far away Russia! We also like the VTEC legend and the spirit of red H. I personally drive FN2 for 1,5 years and was never thinking I would like to tune my stock car somehow. But after serfing through the web I've decided to make the following upgrades to my car: intake, exhaust, hondata, LSD and Stoptech big brakes kit. My first question is what exhausts could be less noisy? From the videos posted on web is quite hard to find it out as engine is usually on high rpm and video just can't simply translate the real sound. Also I'm trying to find best offers on these parts and your kind assistance in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help, Andrey

The HKS and Toda exhausts are probably the quieter performance exhausts on the market. They are both pretty pricey new though.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay but be prepared for some high shipping costs.

Thanks for your advice. I was searching through eBay for some fn2 parts but could find mostly US fd2 Civic offers. Probably I need to search in some other chapter or I can consider fd2 parts fitting my fn2? As for shipping costs, I know. But for me the biggest problem is Russian customs..

The FD2 exhaust won't fit the FN2 unfortunately. It's completely different.

You could try searching eBay.co.uk and asking if people will ship abroad.

They also sometimes come up for sale on Civinfo.com. There are quite a few European members on there who are used to shipping outside their own countries.

Thanks, mate! Actually there is no problem in shipping in UK only, I got some contacts to receive parcels. The most important is to find a nice deal J

What do you think about HKS vs Toda? Which one is better?

Both are good exhausts and both really well made. The Toda sounds more throaty at high revs where the HKS is more of possibly a bit louder and higher pitched. The sound from the Toda doesn't seem to get into the car the same as with the HKS.

Back