• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

lights dimming / heater speed slowing / possible bad earth?

hey folks

i recently had some problems with my car turning over slowly as if it had a lazy starter, so i fitted a new starter motor on my EP3, been starting fine since,
but then today leaving work when it was still dark i noticed after id just drove 20 miles down A1 to home that when i stopped at cash point and got back in car, my fan/heater speed slowed right down, when i went to pull away my lights bacame allot brighter.

im thinking either my alternator is on its way out or this is a bad earth, one of which got replaced when the starter was changed 2 days ago, the one we changed was the one from battery to engine
any ideas?
if it is a bad earth, does any of you know how many there is? and their locations? id rather clean those off before buying new battery which is now 3 year old or a new altenator which is probs same one on car from new.
im wondering if the earth the mechanic replaced is the problem, not even sure it was the same material, looked like just some random wire he found in garage and cut ends of and fitted it in place of the copper type one he took off.
if my lights are dimmming as much as that im worried my battery isnt getting the charge it should be, i imagine it would be like squeezing a hippo through a letter box.
im rather ****ed off to be honest.

any info would be appreciated

thanks

Take it back to the garage that did the work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why take it back to garage who done the work?
i took it to have alternator and battery tested. It was the battery, so I've changed it.
Collapsed power cell.
fingers crossed its sorted.

Because if you're having an issue with work they carried out then id go back to them.

Why fix it yourself?

Because if you're having an issue with work they carried out then id go back to them.

Why fix it yourself?

This.

Hopefully the new battery sorts it, but I'm sure the battery only starts the car and the alternator takes over once it's running.

Mechanic only fitted new starter and replaced a really bad earth,

i just wasnt sure sure it this was a common thing among this model, or if I was a possible earth else where failing.
this is the second ep3 I have had and first time had this trouble. Granted I never had the first one very long.

Anyhow, turned out it was only the battery so bonus. Been starting champion since. All good, cheers folks

Back