• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Limberts Cosmic grey EP3 build!

Hey everyone, been an member on here for a while and finally decided to start a build thread. Bought my car back in September 2013, i was after a completely standard car which i could start fresh on. Ended up buying a 2004 Cosmic grey (best colour ;)), with 62,000 miles, Fog lights, Rear tinted windows and Air-Con too, so was preety happy with it!

After having the car for nearly 6 months now, i can say i am absolutely loving it!

So far i have been focusing on trying to get little jobs done, like getting the interior immaculate and just small things like new bulbs and cleaning etc..

Anyway here's some pics of the car from when i bought it to now.

Car after i bought it.

First job was to remove a random chrome strip at the bottom of the boot.

Fitted a Auxiliary cable to the standard stereo, was debating a new stereo but wanted to keep with the standard look! Will post a pic showing where it is soon.

Next was to give the whole interior a Good clean! Used AutoGlym Hi-Foam interior shampoo on the seats and they came up as new! Also Autoglym vinyl and rubber care on the dash etc. and that works great too!

Got myself a Skunk2 Gear knob after hearing good things about them..

Tried giving the headlights a quick refurb.

Thats preety much as it stands right now, do have some other upgrades to the car which i will post later on!
Hope you like it so far!:)

Great car man! The chrome strip was abit odd, first time seeing that. Lol

How did you refurb the headlights?

Nice dude. Similar to what I am doing with mine. Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure i passed you today limbert1?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

haha maybe you did mr conor ;)

Great car man! The chrome strip was abit odd, first time seeing that. Lol

How did you refurb the headlights?

Thanks mate!, yeh didnt like it one bit so had to go! just used a rotary pad with some cutting compound i had lying about, need to do a proper job on them now as they've gone really bad!:(

Nice dude. Similar to what I am doing with mine. Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yee must admit ive been looking at yours for i while, and have been liking what youv'e been doing to it! Hopefully i can get mine somewhere as immaculate!

what did you use to refurb your lights?

Just a rotary pad and some cutting compound mate, will be doing a proper job on them soon, so i will put up some pics of what i do to them :)

Bit of an update after working on the car today.

Started off by trying to get my exhaust finally sorted, when i first got the car the exhaust had a slight blow to it. First tried to sort it about 2 weeks ago, when i bought and fitted an unlicensed b-pipe. However, when i went to take the old pipe off, i noticed something weird, the fitment from the cat to the B-pipe was only 2 bolts, when it should be 3... this meant that the B-pipe i had bought would not connect to the cat. Ended up having to put a de-cat pipe i got from a mate on, and then the unsilnced b-pipe could be fitted.

Old cat to centre pipe fitment, have no idea what this was from! Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

Anyway, once i fitted the de-cat it meant the engine management light had come on, and the car was idling a bit weird. Also was too loud for my liking and wanted a standard system back on. Last week my mate conor (conorwills93 on here) bought his type r, so we decided to swap my unsilnced centre pipe and de-cat pipe for his standard cat and M2 stainless steel centre pipe.

Here's the M2 centre pipe with some honda parts :D also next to it is my brothers downpipe off his audi S3.

Fitted my cat and centre pipe and conors de-cat setup today with the weather holding up! Got a bit of a problem my exhaust now though :( When revving the engine if its not in gear it sounds fine, not blowing or anything. However when driving in gear, and accelerating, the exhaust makes a weird spluttering noise from what sounds like the cat, but when the cat was on conors car it sounded fine and had no problems. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the noise? Want to take the car to a garage this week to get the engine management light sorted, so will be asking them to have a look too, as i cant think what will be causing it :(

Another little thing i did today was change some broken clips in the engine bay. Things like this annoy me so i wanted to get them replaced ASAP!

2 Broken green clips.

Replaced with 2 new black ones.

One final thing, does anyone know what this bracket is? ive had to cable tie the pipe for now, as the bracket is broke, tried looking on lings honda for a replacement but cant find the part!:mad:

That's all for now, hopefully get the exhaust sorted this week and can then move onto other things. Engine bay clean is next on the list!

Been a couple of weeks since an update, have got a few things sorted since then.
First thing was the MOT, this was the first MOT ive had on the car since owning it so was hoping it would get through ok!

Gave the interior a quick clean before, and got it booked in, couple of hours later i came back to this.

Interior cleaned!

MOT

No advisories! It passed, so was pleased with this!

Next i decided to fit a JDM style rear plate, been wanting to do this for a while. Took off the old plate and gave the old sticky tape and crap a good clean!

Haven't got a pic of the new plate on yet :( but will get one up soon!
Also fitted some new wipers all round.

No more streaky windows!

Now that ive got the car MOT and tax out of the way, i can start getting on with the more fun jobs! The thing i want to get sorted first is the spluttering noise coming from the exhaust manifold? when accelerating. So hoping to get it booked in a Tdi north soon to get this finally fixed, may also get some braided brake lines fitted whilst im there! if anyone has any recommendations for these please say!

Back