• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Little help with suspension please.

I recently took my car for a full service and the garage I took it too said that the springs i had on my 2004 ep3 where completely setup wrong like the camber angles and toe ins etc. But on further investigation the previous owner must have had the original springs compressed to give a lower profile. but this messed everything up... bad times!
so i have decided to get all this nonsense sorted out, and i want to get new suspension but have no idea what to get, i see a lot of people talking about the eibach's, but im still quite confuzzeled.
What is a good setup for general fast road road, but i could do with some ground clearance due to the poor standard of roads around my area.
Any help with be most appreciated!

Cheers Danny

the FRSU would solve the camber and toe issues you've got. You'd need some camber bolts and rear camber arms for this which would cost about £100-£130

I went to TDI North in Warrington for my FRSU, not sure what settings they use (think they keep this quite) but it works a treat and transformed the handling of the car out of corners. You've also got in the North West ABP Motorsport who are based in Crewe which a lot seem to recommend. We've got more but those are the first two who spring to mind, i'd recommend phoning them to ask how much as they'd both be able to Recommend and supply you with parts.

Standard ground clearance IIRC is 130mm, most people lower around 20-30mm which leaves roughly 110-100mm which should be ok for UK roads

TDi-North
21 & 22 Aston Court, Kingsland Grange, Warrington, WA1 4SG
Tel: 0800 0196055

ABP Motorsport. 416 Newcastle Road
Shavington, Crewe, Cheshire. CW2 5EB
Opening Hours Monday-Friday 8.30am-6.00pm Saturday 9.00am-3.00pm
Tel: 01270 567 177

Last edited by a moderator:
eibach pro kit springs lower around 15-20mm front and 20-25mm rear. they are the same as the spoon springs and are suited well for a fast road setup on uk roads.

I would add to Shaenei's list Eight Speed in Darwen, about 20 minutes away from Preston. I've had excellent service from them. We are sort of spoilt for choice in the NW. I would have no problems taking my car to any of the places mentioned in this thread.

A fair few people that run the Spoon Progressive springs say that the ride quality is actually improved over the OEM springs. I've also heard this said about the Eibachs.

i am sure both the spoons are made by eibach and are just a different colour

That wouldn't surprise me. How much are the Spoons now, about 300 quid and the Eibachs are IIRC about 150 quid.

So the Spoons are twice as good..........hummmm..

If you want to get springs, Eibach are the best... end of.
Some camber bolt and rear camber kit... then you can do a fast road setup.

Or if you want to go a step further, there are always coilovers. :)
I do have the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers on a 15% discount at the moment...

But judging from what you said, I would think Eibach Springs, front camber bolt and rear camber kit be sufficient for what you need. :)

I have just bought a set of Spoon Progressive Springs which are been fitted this week at TGM Sport along with a fast road setup, I will report back once I have driven the car home but after hearing all the reports of how this little mod transforms the handling of the car I am very excited indeed.

All ready for the trip down to the South of France on the 1st of October, :)

Nick

Wow thanks for all the replies guys and gals! Really good info there will definitely be ringing round to get this stuff sorted out!
Another quick question though, can I use standard shocks with the Eibach springs?

i may have a set of eibach pro springs up for sale shortly as i am seriously thinking about a set of mugen shocks and springs for my ep3.

Just booked in to get full eibach springs and camber bolts / arms to be fitted on the 6th of Nov, quite excited. costing about £790 for springs, bolts and arms, 7hrs work (cause I'm getting them to fit some braided brake lines too) with full FRSU, that sound about right?

Just booked in to get full eibach springs and camber bolts / arms to be fitted on the 6th of Nov, quite excited. costing about £790 for springs, bolts and arms, 7hrs work (cause I'm getting them to fit some braided brake lines too) with full FRSU, that sound about right?

Sounds right mate, who are you booked in with?

Back