• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Little things..

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to be posting in but here goes.

I have owned my car for coming up 4 months now and there have been one or two things really annoying me about it since then, so I will just list them and if any of you could help with any of them this would be great!:D

First off.. the drivers window does not work automatically when i push it. I get the first way pushed down, and then push it more and it feels like it is then in "auto" but it doesn't work and i have to hold it for it to go down.

I knew this when i bought it but its kind of annoying now, but at the time I was fine with it.

Secondly (never saw any of these before buying)

There is a weird smallish kind of 1inch square dent in the front bumper, no explanation from previous owner to how it happened or that it even existed! so it must have been done by a passer by! HATE
Cardiff-20130208-00258_zps068ce75e.jpg

Again the previous owner denies any knowledge about having a crash or hitting anything, but this split right in the middle of the front bumper was hardly noticeable when i bought it, it just looked like a join. Futher inspection after buying revealed it to be an actual split.
Cardiff-20130208-00257_zps247972e7.jpg

so for these two, would a local garage be able to fix it? or would I have to go to somewhere more specialized?

The next thing is that my passenger side indicator is loose, it looks as if it should clip into something to hold it in, but at the moment it is just hanging off and I have to push it back in whenever I see it.. any ideas? not tape it down please :)
IMG-20130204-00246_zpsca5d382a.jpg

Bonnet holder-upper holder is snapped?

Cardiff-20130126-00237_zps3523ee22.jpg

Cardiff-20130126-00236_zps09f0248e.jpg

so this is the thing that the bonnet stand clips into when you put it down to close the bonnet, quite an odd part to be broken i know, any ideas on a replacement?

oh and lastly, no water comes out of my rear windscreen washer thing. I don't know why, it just never has. Any ideas?

so I've managed to get back in once piece and update this, any help would be appreciated.

and yes my car needs a good clean! this damn weather means any day I do it 5 minutes later it gets rained on. grr

cya

Last edited by a moderator:
So some foreign woman in a mercedes didn't just go straight into the back of me not 10 minutes ago. ****s sake!

Well your issues ain't that bad to be honest, it looks like the car may have had a little shunt, any kind of body shop should be able to help you with this, worst case scenario is to get a new front bumper but you could pick one up second hand. As for the clip and indicator I would imagine a parts shop (local motor factor shop) should get those parts again I wouldn't expect them to be that expensive if not again you may get one second hand look out for people breaking a CTR. I wouldn't imagine the indicator would be hard to replace there may be a guide on here somewhere you could search for it. As for the woman in the Merc get her insurance details lol.

Back