• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ljw's pink Ep3

Ljw

After having the car since april this year, i thought it was about time i started a thread...especially how im addicted to spending fortunes on it and it still looks like a bag of nails haha!I was entially at the time looking for a Fd2,DC5 or EP3... but i stumbled on this ep3 29000miles and a full honda service history, one owner... and thought it was worth a pop.. and thought how rare it was.

Went to go see the car it was immacluate, after seeing 6 ep3's i was shocked how arrow strieght the body was (id seen some very bad ones) and the interior looked like it had never been sat in... although one big factor had me worried IT WAS 10 DIFFERENT SHADES OF RED! owner had hardley driven the car and left it on a southfacing drive

i got the train home and toyed with the idea of the car.. I had a price in mind and one price only, taking into consideration if a respray. I spoke to the owner, before i could even speak he said no. So i left it.

stubborn person i am i bickered with the owner and stuck to my guns... eventually (after a month and a half) he let me have it so i jumped on the train and picked it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
After having the car a week, I had it mopped which bought back some of the colour but was not great.

I then took a trip up to Tegiwa in Stoke and thought id get started on some of the modifications.

i bought a Spoon N1 backbox, eibach 30mm springs and extended gearknob. And got them fitted on the weekend...and had a service at honda for peice of mind.

Lots of colours going on there mate! could always get it wrapped to save you some more cash for mods :p

After this i added tinted windows.. i then notified my insurance about the modifications and they boosted up my premium by £400 so i lost interest and stopped buying stuff for it. As it was just going to get higher and higher.

in October my insurance ran out ( previously payed £1400) i then had to renew and was greeted by this shocking email.

I was shocked it had gone up by £4000 i rang the insurance to see why, they said i was at high risk due to rhe fact of having a accident that was not my fault.

i shopped elsewhere and and it got worse!!!!!!

I had no other option in my mind but to have to consider selling... also i had the pain of not having a vehicle for a month and a half!! Which really annoyed me.

I then spoke to someone on the forum and they recommended brentacre insurence! they gave me a cheaper quote than the previous year and insured all my mods! And wouldn't charge me anymore for adding the mods i want in the future!

The day after i got insured I booked the car into ABP motorsport, for a stop tech brake conversion and FRSU (Eibach).

After being in there 5 seconds all could see was manifolds and induction kits. so i decided then to have the following

Full service (change absolutley anything and anything that can be changed)

stoptech brake coversion with rear disks to match

goodridge brake lines

motul brake fluid

fit spoon bpipe

piper manifold with 02 sensor

piper sports cat

eibach front and rear camber bolts and FRSU

new drop links and ball joints

new window wipers

new rear calipers

had the clutch checked.

Haven't got a picture of the manifold as its hidden but this is it

The day after i went to tegiwa again for a induction kit, which i later had fitted by abp motor sport

And here it is now

Although not as clean (hasn't been washed since i bought it)

i'm just going to focus on cosmetic things at the moment as it looks like a bag of ****. Alloys, carbon bonnet, boot lid.... and a respray. Next i'm just going to look into k24 or turbo... fed up of spending money on little gains, in steps. Rather just pay the money and just have everything done at once.

Fair play! I know someone that had a turbo one don't now the full story but it blew on the dyno and set alight whole cars ruined he rebuilt the engine before hand too gutted! I was looking into supercharging mine but then I wouldn't want to risk it without an engine rebuild :/ even on my 40k then you need to consider LSD/BBK/Race clutch! hows the Brake conversion? and have you had ECU and map yet?

brakes are amasing! they just give you that bit more confidence on the road, the stand brakes for me seemed abit numb, always felt like the car was to quick for them... due to living far a way from tdi Id have to book a week off, or a few days... hense why im trying to get everything done in bulk.. i haven't got the ecu and remap yet, but will do on my next bulk of thing i have done! but respray is first!

Awesome bet they are and I agree on the standard brakes not that great! Ill be making a trip up there in summer next year when ive got a 421 manifold and RBC manifold! Look forward to seeing your respray

Back