• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Locking nut problem

Alright guys, Recently bought a CTR EP3, and the locking wheel nut key is missing, now I know they are McGard branded, but a friend of mine seems to think Honda only used a couple of different key combinations? can anybody advise? or is it small socket and mallet job? haha

Thanks guys

:):lol:

i was told to get a new key from Honda you need the number card that goes with your car.ive lost mine and can not find said card so im just going to get the oem locking nut of and replace them with a set of the Mcgard nuts.

good point,i never used any on my Rotas and thinking about it im not going to on my OEM wheels either.what was i thinking...:lol:

They are just irritating when taking a wheel off / putting back on.

I totally agree mate I hate locking nuts as soon as they are off 4 basic nuts will be going in their place trust me!

Just worried in case I get a flat etc! Going to a garage today to see if they can do anything!

Just spoke to Rydale Honda in Cardiff they said to bring the car down and they will bring the master set out from the back and try them on the car and a replacement one is about 9-10 quid, could be an easy solution

On my old ford I had this problem, I went to a protyre garage and they had a locking wheel nut socket that fitted. Job done

This is how I sorted out mine after a piece broke off the front of it

IMG_0443.jpg

All sorted, the Honda master set didn't fit, spoke to a mate of mine with a DynaMechn kit, he had them off in 10 minutes and it cost me £20 happy days

Mates rates of £120 an hour? I dread to think what he'd charge if you didn't know the guy.

Back