• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Locking nuts

After losing my locking nut key somewhere in lots of gravel.

Iv had to use the Irwin nut extractors to get them off.

I don't have the code to order a new key, I need to order some replacement nuts.

I don't want to pay Honda £53 for a new set.

But after looking at aftermarket locking nuts, some have 60mm taper, some only suitable for aftermarket wheels etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction of some that will fit? (and wont cost me the earth for 4 nuts!)

Thanks

Thanks, Just had a look but by the time I have bought the adapters and some aftermarket locking nuts im looking at the same if not more cost than the locking nuts from Honda

What wheels have you got? Do you really need locking nuts?

Personally never bothered with them.

Just standard wheels at the moment, safe where I live and work, id probable feel more comfortable with them on though.
Might just stick some standard nuts on for now then get some locking nuts at a later date when im not so skint.

Unless someone posts a link for a bargain

Your tyres are probably worth more than your wheels, not worth worrying about lol

Back