• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Locking wheel nut/damaged wheels!!!!

Absolutely gutted today,ordered my tyres the other day and thought I'd give the car a good clean and take the wheels off for a good wash.well the locking wheel nuts would not budge,they were that tight it ripped the key to bits!!rather ****ed off at this point!next stage off to the garage for removal,wack wack wack wack ,all off mate only then for me to see a chip on 3 of the wheels,into the alloy itself!!tried to argue the toss but I do suppose it's the risk you take!not a happy bunny all afternoon!

Been told by the same garage they can do smart repairs on them at £20 each wheel instead of the 35 they normally charge,not sure what to do even though the work I've seen on fully refurbished wheels there is second to none,they have acid baths,shot blasting,powder coating the full works.

Just wanted to get that off my chest and have a rant,sorry if I bored any of you!

I’d be blaming the last person to previously fit the wheels as it’s obvious they were over tightened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely gutted today,ordered my tyres the other day and thought I'd give the car a good clean and take the wheels off for a good wash.well the locking wheel nuts would not budge,they were that tight it ripped the key to bits!!rather ****ed off at this point!next stage off to the garage for removal,wack wack wack wack ,all off mate only then for me to see a chip on 3 of the wheels,into the alloy itself!!tried to argue the toss but I do suppose it's the risk you take!not a happy bunny all afternoon!

Been told by the same garage they can do smart repairs on them at £20 each wheel instead of the 35 they normally charge,not sure what to do even though the work I've seen on fully refurbished wheels there is second to none,they have acid baths,shot blasting,powder coating the full works.

Just wanted to get that off my chest and have a rant,sorry if I bored any of you!

Just experienced the over tightened nuts part of this. Hopefully they don’t damage them getting them off. The dealer I bought it off where the last to replace the tyres on it so I’ll phone them tomorrow but my boyfriend says I am wasting my breath.

The tyre place I am getting the new tyres from said they would only charge me for new locking nuts, not the labour getting the old ones off, however they do that (drill them I suppose?). It’s their policy apparently, they are a really good place.

Watched them use a proper torque wrench to tighten all their customers wheel nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a good dealer it's worth a shot, i know mine would be helpful. Just ask nicely and see what they say, you've nothing to lose.

If you have a good dealer it's worth a shot, i know mine would be helpful. Just ask nicely and see what they say, you've nothing to lose.

I phoned, the say have to take it there and it’s miles away. The tyre place say they will sort it out for free as they rounded off the locking wheel nut themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back