• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Locking wheel nut gone missing?

I recently bought a type-r from a dealership. He told me as i drove away that the locking wheelnut was in the glove box. Anyhow i never got round to checking... so when i did go to look for it it wasn't there. I went back to the dealer and hes adament it was (believe me it wasnt i wouldn't have lost it)...

anyway where could i get a locking wheelnut from? are there certain codes etc for certain models?

cheers

Go back and tell them you want to return your car because it does not have the parts needed to use it as your daily driver. They will soon find you one.

I understand what your saying, but what if i dont want to take the car back? How much does it cost to replace a locking wheel nut?

if you have just bought the car from a honda dealer then i'm sure they will replace the wheel nut socket no quibble.

:lol: fair enough, i know its hassle complaining about stuff but you just spent many thousands on a car from their dealership, you have the right to demand a set of locking wheel nuts as you are suspicious your wheel nut socket is within their workplace and an employee of their's could be planning to pinch your wheels. and you don't want a replica socket but a fresh pack so no one else can remove them. plus you've got the hassle of removing the old locking nuts, now thats not easy.

if they say no, take them to trading standards.

I take it you're talking about the locking wheel nut 'key' as the lock 'wheel nuts' should be holding the wheels on?....

Back