• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Locking wheel nuts

some how magically my front driver side locking wheel nut has come off, now i just noticed it today as i had 2 new tyres put on and the man told me it wasnt there. dont know how i have never noticed it when i am cleaning the car though.

the last time my wheels where off was in october at the garage getting discs n pads to front wheels.

the guy who dun my wheels aint back in till monday but do u think that i can some how make them be held responsible or is it my duty as a driver to check they are tight enough.

also i would hate to think what damage it could of done to my car or another car if it has flung off on a trip somwhere doin at least 60mph

also if they are goin to take no responsibility for this does any 1 know where i can get a pair from or is it just from a dealer?

cheers

Strange that there is only one missing, i doubt very much that a tyre place will own up to leaving one off or losing the key.

If they are standard Honda its likely you would be able to get a replacement key but not sure about a nut.

For the sake of £15 i would get a new set on there an do away with the others.
Are you in need of open ended or closed end nuts??
Not sure how the mods look at it but i can supply some if you stuck :D

The OEM Honda ones are just a set of McGard locking nuts. As far as I know you can only buy them in packs of 4 tho.

The OEM Honda ones are just a set of McGard locking nuts. As far as I know you can only buy them in packs of 4 tho.

If thats the case if you contact Mcguard direct with a pic of the wheel nut top they should be able to sort one out, i know they can do it with the locking nut keys so why not the actual nut :D

well found this place

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MCGARD-ALLOY-...hZ020QQcategoryZ72257QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

they say jsut to email with type of car and yh they are mcgard 1's i had them on my old car too,

for replacement pack from dealer the're £38 but that link sells em for £23

i see if i can get honda to replace them tho cos my car was only in garage for 2 hours and they are competent ppl i been there with all my tyres but i really do hope it hasnt just flew of and hit another car cos what damage it would do at speeds

cheers guys

Back