• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Logging in (twice)

Funky

Events Organiser
Lately I have to log in twice, three times if I want to edit something in the garage. I've cleared cookies & temp internet files but I still have to log in twice all the time.

Is it my pc or something else?

Me too - I posted similar to you below - Mine seems to be random tho, sometimes does it, sometimes not. :?

login problems like this are always related to corrupt cookies on the client machine. Try manually deleting the cookies from the cookie folder and see if that sorts it, its possible the cookie for this forum isn't deleting when you tell the browser to clear them.

Al said:
login problems like this are always related to corrupt cookies on the client machine. Try manually deleting the cookies from the cookie folder and see if that sorts it, its possible the cookie for this forum isn't deleting when you tell the browser to clear them.

Followed that advice and seems to be working ok now. Cheers :smt023

Al said:

It worked once, but then seems to be happening again!

brittas said:
Al said:

are you closing the browser before you delete the cookie?

Al said:
brittas said:
Al said:

are you closing the browser before you delete the cookie?

Dunno, but I've done it again and closed it down. Seems to be working, I'll post back if it happens again.

Al said:

I've done this a few times but I still have the same problem :(

I've cleared my cookies etc... but now when I log in (twice) I cant even tell which posts are new, I have to check the time and date :(

What can I do Al this is really fustrating now?

By the way, I've looked in the cookies folder and all the files are .DAT files, are those the cookies? Should I delete them myself?

Funky said:

I've cleared my cookies etc... but now when I log in (twice) I cant even tell which posts are new, I have to check the time and date :(

By the way, I've looked in the cookies folder and all the files are .DAT files, are those the cookies? Should I delete them myself?

there should only be one .dat file and lots of .txt files in the folder, just delete the relevant .txt files (will be called something like [email protected][1].txt). Can be found in c:\documents and settings\<your>\cookies

Alternatively you could use another browser, like firefox

Al said:
Funky said:

there should only be one .dat file and lots of .txt files in the folder, just delete the relevant .txt files (will be called something like [email protected][1].txt). Can be found in c:\documents and settings\<your>\cookies

Alternatively you could use another browser, like firefox

I was looking in the wronge cookies folder :oops:

I was looking in C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Cookies and there were just lots of .DAT files, which I deleted... <gulp>

I deleted the cookies for TRO in the folder you said, hope it will be ok now.

Cheers!

Back