• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking at buying a ep3

Hi all

I've looked abit on the forums and haven't found much about the cam chain. Can someone tell when it must be changed? Also I've heard that many have problems with there steering racks? Is there a fix for this if so how much and how can you tell if its going? I've got around a 3k budget to buy the car so I'm not expecting anything perfect but I'm after something i can keep for a long time and is good for a few track visits. Another question is how good on fuel are these around towns ect when not driving in VTEC?

Thanks Arron

They're as good as you could hope for on fuel, high 20s low 30s if you're careful, 40 is even possible on long motorway journeys!

Steering racks aren't too common of a problem, they do go wrong occasionally but generally they're solid.

Cam chains if you believe Honda are a life long service item, but it seems the general consensus to change it at around 100k.

Yeah a friend of mine said something about lifetime but didn't sound right to me. How longs a life time lol. What's the going rate for having them changed? cars I've been looking at are around the 100k mark so need to consider that in the price.

Back