• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking at buying an Accord 2.2 I-CDTI, anyone had one?

Im looking at buying an Accord 2.2 I-CDTI on a 55 plate. Its currently on 160,000 miles, so will be looking at changing the timing chain for my own piece of mind as its still the original.

What Im curious about is though, is there anything else I should be looking for besides the obvious?

Anyone had one? Any down sides?

Yes. I've got one :D
Great to drive when covering the miles.
Mine had 95,000 on it when I got it. I got the timing chain changed by the dealer before I picked it up.
I've replaced two injectors too which aren't what you'd call cheap.
Look out for the manifold leaking (fumes in the cabin when stationary). Mine is making a grinding noise at times so I'm in the process of booking it in to get it looked at.
Probably a sticky caliper but not sure yet as I've had the wifes car in for a new clutch and the Evo in for its MOT this month so I'm a bit fed up spending money on cars :(

On a B road run to work (80 miles) I get around 55 on the computer *48 in the real world as the computer tells lies!!

I love it :D

I had one, Timing chain snapped on the M1.
Chucked loads of money at it to get it fixed, never ran again in my ownership.

Too many problems with that engine IMO. The Clutch/Flywheel is an expensive job, exhaust manifolds are known for cracking.

Can be picky about filters. The garage I used originally stuck a third party oil filter on there and it played havoc with the EML. No idea why. Changed it for a genuine and it was all good.
VSA systems is a common problem too, and very costly to fix. Tailgate can jam on the tourer.
Sat Nav is as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and not easy to change. The DVD Unit will invariably stop working. This is also common.

Not as economical as you'd think, but a comfortable mile muncher...when they work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back