• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

looking for a decent double din headunit

Hi Guys,

Im picking up my new car on Saturday (itr-dc5 :D) and im looking to replace the headunit for a good double din one.

Im not going to be able to afford this for a little while but just want to find out what others have gone for, and what they think to them?

I know theres so many to choose from and price varies massively, so i just need advice on whats good for the money.

Also, ive seen a few photos of hedunits in dc5's and sometimes they dont seem to line up perfect with a fascia surround, does anyone know why this is, and whether you can solve it? If the adaptors are anything like the one i got for my fiesta from halfords they are crap lol.

Im not too sure on my budget yet, but i would say £400 is an absolute max (but will still consider cheaper ones).

Help appreciated, Chris :)

go for the Kenwood DNX 5*** series, it has everything from sat nav, parrot bluetooth, usb, cd,dvd, tv optional etc

Double DIN CD / DVD Player Recommendations

Don't really want to spend more than £385 on one of these things I've been searching the web but really can't decide so can anyone recommend a nice double din DVD / CD head unit?

Looking for...

Good clear / bright screen
Looks good mounted in a Type R EP3 dashboard
Good sound quality (Bass :twisted:)
Nice GUI / Menus
Good brand (Alpine is probably one of my faves but I'm open to suggestions)
Works with ipod / mp3

loads of choice! im looking too do the same! I worked in a car audio garrage for 8 years, i would always go for Pioneer or kenwood. Kenwood always seemed more user friendly if you ask me and use garmin sat nav software
which is pretty good IMO :)

Back