• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking for another ep3

Well just after a year on from selling my last ep3 I'm looking to buy another...

I'm only looking to spend around 4k, my question is should I be looking to get a facelift or pre-facelift for that sort of budget?

My last ep3 was a 30AE so I haven't owned a facelift type R but appreciate they were similar interior wise at least except for the red recaros...

What would be your choice if it was between a cheaper pre-facelift vs a facelift model? Are the changes made worth the extra cost?

Thanks,
Ash

You should get a facelift, I think they are worth the extra cost. The front end looks better IMO, lighter flywheel.
Facelift has the side repeaters in the wing mirrors, pre facelift they are on the wings.
Red inserts on interior.

All little touches that add up to make a big difference.

I've owned pre-facelifts and now I own a facelift model, I do prefer the facelift as above said there are little touches on the facelift that I think make a difference.

Budget wise, you'll be able to pick up both models, however, I would imagine you would be able to pick up a pre-facelift with lower miles on your budget than a facelift.

I don't think so, although my gearbox feels better on my facelift than it did on my pre facelift. Could just be luck of the draw

Back