• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Looking for EP3 shifter assembly

Hello everyone!

I bought my EP3 not so long ago, and after getting the essentials done, I am in the process of making my shifting feel better.
My gear lever has a lot of play in it, because the plastic ball in the assembly is worn. I didn't necessarily want to install a short shifter, but if I need to get a new one I might as well go for it.

What experiences do you have with yours? Does anyone have one lying around or knows a place where I could get one from for a good price? Right now I am looking at a Revo one at Tegiwa, that seems to be the cheapest with good quality materials.

Also, I checked the bushes in the engine bay just in case, and they appear to have no play, I think they may even be too stiff, if that is a thing. Could that cause any excess wear on my gearbox/shift assembly or should I just leave it alone if it shows no problems?

Thank you for the answers!

I highly recommend the Revo, good value for money shortshifter based on OEM design. It made the biggest difference and improvement over the other mods I made.
There's a used one on fleabay right now (it's not mine and I have no affiliation with the seller). Maybe no good for the OP based on his location as seller doesn't look to post there but it might be a good deal for someone.

Re the gearbox cable bushes, try cleaning them up and apply a spot of appropriate lube though I'd suspect they'd have to be particularly bad ie seized to really affect the shift action.

Back