• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

looking for new set of coilovers

hi im looking for a new set of coilovers as im not happy with my 65mm drop , do you guys know what make or model i should go for , im looking for 65mm -100mm set up

cheers jimmy

You say you are already 65mm down?! Mines lowered 30mm and the underside catches on bits enough as it is. Anywhere near 100mm would be undrivable i would've said.

You say you are already 65mm down?! Mines lowered 30mm and the underside catches on bits enough as it is. Anywhere near 100mm would be undrivable i would've said.

Think you should sell those springs to me :lol:

It catches on speed bumps and on the ramps at my work, it won't go on the parking post at my house now either, so ive just unbolted and it lives in the boot.

Looks and handle really well though.

If you are looking for coilovers, I have the MeisterR Zeta-R on special right now at £579 Delivered.
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...579-Delivered!!!-100-Off-RRP-Free-Delivery!!!

EP3coilovers.jpg

The Zeta-R incorporate the Straight Steering Arms that eliminate the need to use a inverted track rod end kit.
This design reduce bump steer, and also prevent damage to the track rod end from stress of lowering the ride height of an EP3.

This will also work wonders for you if you want to go low because the track rod end will be place under massive amount of stress if they were use with the standard V-shape steering arm.

This can cause the track rod end to fail needing replacement that cost £££.
And is just not good to have parts fail on you in general. :rolleyes:

The Zeta-R coilovers also gives you front camber adjustments via the pillowball bearing top mount, and 32 stage damping adjustment. :)

The only downside is that I am not 100% sure if the rear will go low enough for what you are looking for.
That is because the design of the EP3 rear suspension is very short to begin with.
I redesign the specification in the rear to allow the rear to go as low as possible while retaining an acceptable amount of damper travel.

To make the rear go any lower will mean reducing damping travel, therefore reducing compliant ride over fast roads and damping performance in general.

thanks for that they look very interasting, do you know what drop they go to as the most ive come across so far is 65mm jamex coil over set, i have a budhget between £400 -600 for a good set that can go low and take a bit of track abuse

thanks for that they look very interasting, do you know what drop they go to as the most ive come across so far is 65mm jamex coil over set, i have a budhget between £400 -600 for a good set that can go low and take a bit of track abuse

It will probably go around the same as the Jamex in the rear.
You will able togo very low in the front because of the Dual Perch Design.

The biggest difference is you do not loose damper stroke travel when you lower the ride height when using the Zeta-R, and this mean your ride will be just as good rather you are 30mm lower or 60mm lower than standard.

Of course, the straight steering arm reduce bump steer and also prolong the life of your track rod end.

The Zeta-R also come with pillowball top mount with Camber Adjustment, and I am pretty sure the Jamex do not.

Don't forget the Zeta-R use mono tube dampers while the Jamex use twin tube dampers.
So actually, there is quite a big difference between the Zeta-R and the Jamex in terms of quality, performance, and design.

Back