• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Looking to buy a DC5

Hi there

new to this forum

im looking to get a dc5. currently have a 172 cup, which i love but am fed up with the build quality and general maintenance associated with it.

what should i be looking out for when buying one? i have been looking for ones near where i live (ayrshire). there seems to be an importers nearby. Dicksons of perth. anyone had any dealings with this company?

are there any common faults or anyhting i should be looking for when viewing an integra dc5?

cheers

craig

basically, dont want to spend any more than 14k max. whatever that can get me really. in terms of spec, isnt there only one type you can get standard? dont know too much about them at the moment.

are there any issues in terms of insurance as it would be an import? im 23 at the moment

I picked up mine for 9k with 65k on the clock.
I'm 26 and aplan brooker found me a policy for £600 p/a :lol:

be warned though if you get hooked on the vtec, you'll only be gettin 220 mile to a tank so can be dear on fuel costs :(

can't fault the car though mate its a master peice in my eyes, LOVE IT! ;)

so there are no serious maintenance issues or common faults really? i know its a honda. im just used to my renault with things going wrong all the time!

im used to getting 300miles to a tank in the clio. its a 50l tank, using super in it, it generally costs 50-55 to fill. how does that compare to an integra? on average, the clio does 30mpg on super unleaded

fuel costs are prob quite similar.
Costs me about £47 to fill on tesco 99 and I get between 250 - 280 miles a tank. I've had as low as 200 on an dc5 meet before lol but also as high as 300 with long m-way journeys etc

Scan through the itr-dc5 forum for faults etc but im not aware of anything serious. keep oil levels right and change every 4-6k miles and you'll be fine!

ps. k series plant uses timing chain instead of belt which is also good :lol:

what do you mean about the k series? do all dc5's run on a chain?

do i need to change the oil every 5-6k miles? surely with full synthetic your good for 10k

what should i expect to pay insurance wise being 23??

what do you mean about the k series? do all dc5's run on a chain?

do i need to change the oil every 5-6k miles? surely with full synthetic your good for 10k

what should i expect to pay insurance wise being 23??

K-series is the engine type, or specifically a K20A in the DC5.

The oil changes are more precautionary, the K20's are v.oil sensitive so for the sake of £50 it's worth giving them nice frequent oil changes;)

insurance may not be as cheap as some people make out..im 24 and and have 4 years no claims and ended up gettin an ep3 simply coz insurance on an import dc 5 while under 25 is expensive if its decent and u cant really have anythin less than good cover coz if **** does go wrong a lot of cheaper companies fcuk u about. but awesome cars man if u got the money to throw about go for it it...but if anythin like me expect to pay at least 1,000 odd for decent cover...and trust me when u get hooked on that vtec ull be needin that extra cash for fuel lol

i would be ok with paying about 1k for insurance to be honest. im paying 780 the now for the clio. im not really interested in an ep3 tbh. i know they are good cars, but i dont see it being much of a difference performacne wise to the clio. i kinda have my heart set on an integra

where can i get insurance from? trying to get quotes on the net but no companies really seem to have the dc5 listed.

anyone got any ideas?

I'm 23 with 3 years and have had to give up this year. I'm CH47 post code though.

Try

Adrian Flux
A Plan
Sky
HIC

Tell them your a member on her and you should get a discount.

With regards to Dicksons. I've seen their name all over pistonheads but not heard anything about them. 200bhpcars gets v.good reviews on the itr forum.

I'm 23 with 3 years and have had to give up this year. I'm CH47 post code though.

Try

Adrian Flux
A Plan
Sky
HIC

Tell them your a member on her and you should get a discount.

With regards to Dicksons. I've seen their name all over pistonheads but not heard anything about them. 200bhpcars gets v.good reviews on the itr forum.

you mean you were looking to get a dc5 but gave up cos you couldnt get a quote? thats a bit disappointing to hear. its not filling me with hope to hear that.

what group insurance are they exactly? is it not 18? i managed to get a quote on a clio v6 before with no hassle.

you mean you were looking to get a dc5 but gave up cos you couldnt get a quote? thats a bit disappointing to hear. its not filling me with hope to hear that.

what group insurance are they exactly? is it not 18? i managed to get a quote on a clio v6 before with no hassle.

Group 20 being an import.

they count as group 20 insurance coz they imports... but put it this way as i said im 24 with 4 years no claims and for my ep3 with protected claims and all cover options i am 800 a year...when i tried recently to check a dc5 out of the maybe 5 companies who would even do it they wanted anywhere between 1400 and 3000...

i got a quote for 1495. its quite a lot but if i can get it down a wee bit then i think i will go for it.

where abouts in scotland are you from necrominian??

Back