• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking to reduce exhaust noise

Looking to reduce exhaust noise I have scorpion cat back to get rid of the drone and the noise in general as I leave for work early and I'am generally just sick of the noise.

Considering changing back box to oem but wondering if this will run ok and not restrictive?I also tried fitting one last year however was from euro car parts and didn't sit right at all so would need a better quality oem style one.

Or any other quiet exhaust backbox/rear silencer which will on to my current system.

Why don't you get a second hand OEM type r exhaust and fit that? Or you can get a Fujitsubo Legalis R which is the closest to the OEM look with the twin pipe. Check on youtube as to what they sound like for a rough idea.

Was thinking of fitting a second hand oem one however a lot of them look corroded which is obvious and don't know how good the ebay copies are.Thanks will look in to the Fujitsubo Legalis R.

Fujitsubo also do the RM01A which is quite popular. It's a _little_ louder than the Legalis R (by about 3-4dB apparently) but not a huge difference.

The Legalis R can be found for around £800 last I checked and the RM01A for £730.

An OEM back-box should be fine though, hell, the car comes with one by default :p The only down-side is it's mild-steel and will, eventually, rust.

I guess it depends what else is on your car already (airbox, intake manifold, sports cat, throttle body, etc.?)

Was thinking of fitting a second hand oem one however a lot of them look corroded which is obvious and don't know how good the ebay copies are.Thanks will look in to the Fujitsubo Legalis R.
I have one which just needs a polish as ive changed my backbox. Can send you photos if needed. PM if interested.

Fujitsubo also do the RM01A which is quite popular. It's a _little_ louder than the Legalis R (by about 3-4dB apparently) but not a huge difference.

The Legalis R can be found for around £800 last I checked and the RM01A for £730.

An OEM back-box should be fine though, hell, the car comes with one by default :p The only down-side is it's mild-steel and will, eventually, rust.

I guess it depends what else is on your car already (airbox, intake manifold, sports cat, throttle body, etc.?)

Is good to know that I wouldn't be abĺe to spend that sort of momey on an exhaust anyway at the minute might have to go fpr the oem cheaper optuon at the minute lol

Car only has the scorpion cat back system on it so I'm sure putting an oem backbox on the system won't restrict it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one which just needs a polish as ive changed my backbox. Can send you photos if needed. PM if interested.

It won't be until next month just getting ideas at the minute.If I'm going to go for it will give you a pm cheers (Y)

Go for the Fujitsubo Legalis R
I had oem back box and Supersprint B Pipe which was loud, changed it to Fujitsubo Legalis R and sounds way better and looks good too

Fujitsubo exhausts are great bits of kit, you won't go wrong with either on offer so go with the one you like the looks of more.

Back