• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loose at high speed

Oright ..cars loose when I pitch it into corners at high speed loosing confidence when giving it a blast ..my car is as standard 58 plate 50k on clock bought car with **** tyres on changed front two to yokahamas made a big difference still coopers on back but feels more like a body roll than tyres I know back spoiler isn't doing much ...ive got 3 mybes tyres??..spoiler??suspention??tyres I'll change anyway ..any clues??

I'd start with a full Geometry set up. Get the toe and camber right, and it will feel much more planted.

Never heard of those tyres before. Have you checked the tyre pressure in the rear tyres? Maybe the sidewalls are flexing.

Cheers tyres are **** ..i will change them but it's fine on twisty rds only seem to notice it at high speed on the first pitch into the corner ..feels like it's got a fat arse and takes a corection to settle it ..feels like lack of down force ..thought it might be a roll bar but it's the same on either a left or a right..presures are bang on ..cheers

On top of the suggestion for geo setup, consider the JDM rear ARB, costs about 120 if you do it yourself, plus new rear drop links (may as well do those at the same time if they haven't been done in a while). That stiffens up the rear compared to the standard Euro bar.

Cheers tyres are **** ..i will change them but it's fine on twisty rds only seem to notice it at high speed on the first pitch into the corner ..feels like it's got a fat arse and takes a corection to settle it ..feels like lack of down force ..thought it might be a roll bar but it's the same on either a left or a right..presures are bang on ..cheers

At the speeds done on the road, I really doubt downforce is the issue. It's not a F1 car after all. I would be looking at handling issues, possibly poor spec tyres. Have you tried swapping the Yokahama's and putting them on the back. That will rule out the tyres pretty quickly.

Get 4 decent tryes on each corner with correct pressure and check geometry before spending any money on mods.

On top of the suggestion for geo setup, consider the JDM rear ARB, costs about 120 if you do it yourself, plus new rear drop links (may as well do those at the same time if they haven't been done in a while). That stiffens up the rear compared to the standard Euro bar.

FN2 has a torsion bar. You can get a Rear Anti-roll bar kit from Whiteline but what benefit you actually get is subjective. Being a torsion beam too, you need shims behind the hubs to change the alignment on the rear.

It might just be the torsion beam bushes if it has had a hard life. I've also seen a bent torsion beam too from a hard kerb impact, which could cause a similar lack of rear end confidence, as the alignment would be well out.

The rear of FN2s are usually planted, so something is not right.

Back