• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lost brake pads (rear left) while driving - FN2

Hello,

I'm back, I took a while off from my Type R FN2. It has been sitting around half a year now on the yard, since I lost my rear left brake pad compound which damaged the entire caliper/disc assembly. (First the compound went, so I was braking metal on metal, pad metal fell out too and then there was noting between piston and disc) As I did not have the money to fix this right now, I put the car away for some time (Needed to spend my money elsewhere)

Long story short :) I hauled the car over to the shop last week and they fixed it, new discs in the rear, new pads and a new caliper on the left side, and so on (Oh, got a new clutch too). So I am Vtec-ing again :lol: Just wondering how can I loose my brake pad compound ? I don't get it :confused: They now installed TRW if I remember the brand correctly. Everything is working fine now, actually I am pretty happy with the car. Only downside I still have is the rear left wheel was covered in metal dust due to the brake failing which rusted and the wheel is now dark brown :( Its pretty hard to remove that stuff.

Back