• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Low ohm light on amp came on!?

I have 2 JL audio amps screwed to back of rear of seats, one of them running the sub and one for front components and tweeters via the crossover units which are installed inside the door panels, I was just about to drive out when both components and front left tweeter suddenly stopped working :eek: all that is working is front right tweeter and the sub :confused:

its dark now so i will have to check in morning, but the amp for the components had the yellow low ohm light on!
I did the install 8 months ago and its been perfect and I'm pretty sure I did a good job of all the wiring, but is their anything in particular that I should look for?

update, checked all the wires, seem fine, i unplugged the sound inputs and output speaker wires so just the power wires are connected and the low ohm light is still on :eek: seems the amp is fried i guess :mad:

its a 4 channel amp and i was only using 2 of the channels, so i switched the wires to the other 2 unused channels and all works fine again!! but the amp gets really hot now and the low ohm light is still on :confused:

Im guessing its just the 2 channels i had connected before that is fried hence it working now, but its only time before the amp will fry out completely, is their anything I could or should do? its out of warranty aswell, bought it over a year ago.

Back