• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowered 30mm & 215/45/17 tyres???

Hi everyone, I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the tyre section but I need a new set of tyres and looking at 215/45 to go on OEM rims. However not sure if it will fit or rub with passengers as it's also lowered 30mm on ABP/Eibach springs.

Has anyone tried this or can confirm?

Cheers.

Don't know really, because a lot of people go for the 215 for extra contact patch and 45 profile because it's closer to OEM tyre size than 215/40. Also, they're are a bit cheaper than OEM tyre size because it's and oddball size which only the EP3 and previous Mini's ran.

I'd personally stick to OEM size. Mine's lowered on Eibach ABP springs and it's fine with stock size tyres, no rubbing etc.

Hi mate, I went for the 215/40s in the end. I couldnt decide whether the 45s looked a bit too chunky because they are thicker than the same 45 profile on the OEM size.

Hello mate, i'm running 215/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's lowered on 30mm Spax springs all round, i've owned the car 5 years and did this from the beginning and i've never had a problem with rubbing, even with a car full of people, exhaust catches a little bit on speedbumps though, never mind lol...

tyre.jpg

side.jpg

Hello mate, i'm running 215/40 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's lowered on 30mm Spax springs all round, i've owned the car 5 years and did this from the beginning and i've never had a problem with rubbing, even with a car full of people, exhaust catches a little bit on speedbumps though, never mind lol...

I wouldn't dare have 4 passengers anymore, 3 is my max. The car looks like its sitting on the ground and my exhaust will def catch going over some types of speed bumps. I've got an unsilenced b pipe though.

It's a mongoose cat back system at the moment, my b pipe is silenced & hangs a bit low, i want to change it now & get a toda manifold too, but trying to find a good used one is difficult, i don't really want to pay a grand for a new one.

i got a supersprint catback, brilliant set up!

Any pics of the tailpipe? Is is the oval, Magnex looking one? Oh and yes, I mean I never have more than 4 people in the car including myself because that would be illegal of course lol

Back