• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowered without FRSU

Hey guys, I am considering getting my EP3 lowered on ABP eibachs (30mm drop) pretty soon, but it will be September before I will get chance to get some rear camber arms and front camber bolts and get a FRSU.
Will it be okay driving around for 2-3 months without altering the geometry? Or will it do a lot of damage to my tyres? Bearing in mind I only tend to do about 4000 miles a year.
Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question but I've never had a car lowered before.

I know I have thought that. *** just had my wheels powder coated white though and really want it lowered to finish the look off

Lowering the car will affect the camber and toe dramatically.

Dependant on how much these angles have changed, tyre life will be reduced and it may not even drive straight if the thrust angle is affected, increasing tues wear and poor driveability.

It's recommended to carry out geometry on fairly fresh tyres anyway as there will be little to no wear patterns already worn in to the tread which can affect the outcome.

In short. As per dottys post. Do the springs and frsu at the same time.

If you want to be mega anal about it, once done, have the geo rechecked after 500-1000 miles go allow the suspension to settle again and better measurements and adjustments to be taken/carried out.

on this note. I just bought a new type r ep3 and the alignement could do with looking at. I cant afford rear camber arms yet but could get front camber bolts. is it worth doing just getting front camber bolts and having alignement done? setting -1 degs of camber on the front alone until I can afford rear arms then have them done? ta

I had my Frsu done with just the fronts bolts and a slight tweak of toe in at the rear. Does make a difference

Back