• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering an FN2

Does anyone have an FN2 that they have lowered? Is it just a case of some springs or is there more to it??
is there any out there that someone can recommend? Seen some on ebay such as Eibach apex rein and some cheaply niCoilover?

Any words be most appreciated.

I've got the Eibach Progressive 15mm springs and they are ideal.

You don't really need to change anything else with the springs, but it will cause your camber to be out if you lower the car, so I would recommend setting the full front and rear Fast Road Set-Up done at the same time. TDi-North charge around £450-500 for the springs, fitting and full geo set-up including supply and fitting of camber bolts and shims. It might be a bit less, now so you'd be best ringing them to be sure.

Most of the cost is labour as it is a lengthy job.

It totally transforms the car and is what I would do before doing any power mods.

i cant found anythin about progressive ?

eibach only have pro kit 25mm on fk 15mm on fn same spring

eibach has twp model

Civic(FK, FN)
Pro-Kit
1.4(FK1), 1.8(FK2)(FN1), 2.0TypeR(FN2) 09.05 - 980 835 E10-40-011-01-22 ,

2.2CTDi(FK3)(FN3) 09.05 - 1085 835 E10-40-011-02-22 ,

red color mean spring strenght

i thing tdi nort called eibach progressive 2.2CTDi(FK3)(FN3) 09.05 - 1085 835 E10-40-011-02-22 its eibach prokit

Pro kit is progressive.

It's only 15mm drop on the FN2 because it's 10 lower than the other petrol's to start with.

You don't want the kit for the diesels. The front springs are much stiffer to cope with the weight of the diesel engine, so it would handle horribly on a FN2.

porkit and progressive same spring than im going to buy this one Civic(FK, FN) Pro-Kit1.4 (FK1), 1.8(FK2)(FN1), 2.0TypeR(FN2) 09.05 - 980 835 E10-40-011-01-22

porkit and progressive same spring than im going to buy this one Civic(FK, FN) Pro-Kit1.4 (FK1), 1.8(FK2)(FN1), 2.0TypeR(FN2) 09.05 - 980 835 E10-40-011-01-22

Spot on. You won't be disappointed! :smt023

http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/cms/en/products_products_performance_springs_pro_kit

#1 Choice of Automotive Enthusiasts Worldwide!

• Top-Performance Handling
  • Lower centre of gravity – Lowers vehicle up to 1.5″ (40 mm)
  • Progressive spring design
  • Excellent ride quality
  • Part of the Eibach Pro-System
The Eibach Pro-Kit is the perfect answer for most popular street cars.

It’s our legendary spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicle’s performance and appearance. Pro-Kit lowers your car’s centre of gravity, reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and excessive nosedive under braking.

When combined with Plus-1 or Plus-2 wheels and tyres, the Eibach Pro-Kit is the finishing touch to a winning recipe for performance. Pro-Kit also reduces excessive fender well clearance, making your car look just as hot as it performs.

Every Eibach Pro-Kit is designed and tested by our suspension engineers and performance driving professionals, to deliver aggressive good looks and high performance handling, without ever compromising safety or ride quality.

By using our proprietary, progressive spring design, Pro-Kit provides the ultimate balance to take your passion for driving to a whole new level.

I've got the Eibach Progressive 15mm springs and they are ideal.

You don't really need to change anything else with the springs, but it will cause your camber to be out if you lower the car, so I would recommend setting the full front and rear Fast Road Set-Up done at the same time. TDi-North charge around £450-500 for the springs, fitting and full geo set-up including supply and fitting of camber bolts and shims. It might be a bit less, now so you'd be best ringing them to be sure.

Most of the cost is labour as it is a lengthy job.

It totally transforms the car and is what I would do before doing any power mods.

It dosn't make the ride any harsher does it Loxy? I've lost most of the fillings out of my teeth already, cant afford to lose any more;)

It dosn't make the ride any harsher does it Loxy? I've lost most of the fillings out of my teeth already, cant afford to lose any more;)

I've not explained what progressive means in this thread but I have in a few others.

Progressive means the spring rate is not constant, i.e. they do not follow Hooks Law.

The Eibach Springs that fit the FN2 are initially softer than the OEM springs under light load like going down the street and hitting a rough surface.

As soon as they compress a bit more or are loaded up, they are stiffer, whether this be in a bend or under heavy breaking, or for example if you hit a pot-hole you know about it.

Basically, under normal conditions pottering about they are easier to live with, but then stiffen up a treat when you start to chuck the car about into bends etc.

piping into an old conversation, but I have the option of getting my hands on a set of Eibach 25mm springs for my FN2. I can see in the forums different people have fitted different springs.

If I get the 25mm Eibach springs will these be to low? I intend to stay with stock rims and rubber at the moment with Fast road setup.

Thanks

There are only two kits. The 15mm kit which is the standard one and the 30mm kit which is made by Eibach for ABP.

The 25mm comes from the fact that the kit that fits the FN2 also fits the 1.4 and 1.8 5 and 3 door Civics. They are 10mm higher on their standard springs than the FN2 so they get a 25mm drop by fitting the springs, but it's still only a 15mm drop on the FN2.

:smt023

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But I would like to fit Eibach Pro Springs and get a FRS done at the same time on my 2010 FN2, but I'm finding it difficult to find a place around North London that will do it. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Will.

Eurospec in Guildford, TDi-plc in Thurrock, bit further afield but, well worth travelling to, TGM in Fleet.

Thanks Loxy , very helpfull, what about AMD Tuning in Essex, again I think they are in Thurrock which isnt that bad for me as I can do the North Circular A13...How long should it take to do the job, is it something they could do while I wait ?.

Thanks Loxy , very helpfull, what about AMD Tuning in Essex, again I think they are in Thurrock which isnt that bad for me as I can do the North Circular A13...How long should it take to do the job, is it something they could do while I wait ?.
AMD is next door to TDI in Thurrock.

There is also Dream Automotive in Bushey

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've had it done while I wait. Usually about 3/4 hours all in, including geo set-up.

I've heard of AMD, but not heard many reviews of spanner work. All I had heard of them was with regards to remaps.

I've heard good reviews of Dream.

Thanks Loxy and Ed. Bushy is not far from me either. I'll get it done as I'm fed up with bouncing from pothole to pothole in London.

I live in East Sussex so TDI north is too far to go for FR set up. I don't want to go for power upgrades but even better handling might be the way for me.
Does anyone have a trusted garage here in the South East who can do the job?

Back