• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering EP3 with Spacers in mind

So I have my FRSU booked in for next week so it's now a good time to get my ride height to the desired level.

What is the best/correct way of measuring the distance to lower the car by? I watched a few videos on this and using the centre cap to the start of the arch seems common?

I will be putting on 15mm hubcentric spacers so I think a maximum of 35mm is what I can go down to on all 4?

I am using Bilstein B14 Coilovers and will be getting H&R 15mm hubcentric spacers all around. Ideally I would like to be able to easily put a finger through the arch/tyre gap so avoid rubbing. (The rear arches are rolled btw)

I use that method, arch to the centre cap. One thing to bare in mind is your suspension is brand new and might well settle down a bit yet.

The rest of what you've said seems okay though.

I use that method, arch to the centre cap. One thing to bare in mind is your suspension is brand new and might well settle down a bit yet.

The rest of what you've said seems okay though.

Hmmm, okay well with that said, should I bit a bit conservative on the lowering? I assume the tracking will slightly change when adjusting it later too?

Any height adjustment will affect the alignment. If time allows leave it as is this weekend and check the height again closer to the time.

Have you measured it at all yet?

Any height adjustment will affect the alignment. If time allows leave it as is this weekend and check the height again closer to the time.

Have you measured it at all yet?

Not measured at all, apparently it's 30mm drop at the rear and around 30 at the front, but I call BS. I've googled 30mm eibach springs drop and cars sit way higher than mine, also my front end is higher than the rear lol.

Thing is the car is not being driven at the moment as I am fixing side skirt damage and what not, so the suspension won't really settle properly (unless it does by just sitting still?).

To measure how much it has dropped by mm, do I have to wind the shocks back up to top and then measure the thread? I know I can measure centre cap to arch to know how much of a drop I want but I am not sure what it's currently down by and I don't trust their measurements lol

Depends if the suspension can be raised back to stock height? I wouldn't know.

I would have measured it before the work was done. Then you'd have a base figure to go off.

Maybe seek out a standard EP3 to try and get a rough idea?

Back