• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

lowering spring causing knocking???

Hey guys, basically I got my ep3 lowered on 35mm springs about 9 month ago and it has had an annoying knocking/clunking noise pretty much ever since and its been impossible to find the problem, the clunk happens when I seem to hit an uneven bit of road or a dip, its only on the passenger side front, anyway car was in garage today and all the bars ect were checked and nothing had any play on it so all that was fine, but the springs are moving around were they are seated & coming out of there housing and don't have the spring sleeves (which would hold them in place and stop them from moving??) is this correct? anyway by getting some spring sleeves for them would this sort my problem? & were is best to get them from? Thanks In Advance!! :)

hi. I have just lowered mine 35mm and I have the same problem. passenger side clunking over bumps. it sounds like its coming from the strut top. gonna strip it down tomorrow and see what the problem is.

Back