• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering Springs

Are 30mm lowering springs low? will you even notice the difference? Please post pics of your car with what you have in to help me make up my mind..

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my car on 35mm springs

IMG_044122.jpg

Ctr-cleaned22.jpg

The back looks a lower than the front because I have a boot full of ice.

Eibach 20mm kit with FRSU.

No scrubbing scraping or anything like that.

7.jpg

MF4M9287a.jpg

Front is raised a little here, because im at about 8.5k.

MF4M9013a.jpg

I wouldn't want mine any lower, I sometimes catch the exhaust on speed humps, nothing major, just a little "ching" as I go over them. Mine is on Koni adjustables as well, highly recommended!

The exhaust is a custom made one, I sold it a couple of years ago though.

Same as funky for me too, just the odd little "ching" noise on the odd speed hump, but wouldn't go any lower than 30-35mm if you ask me. I'm pleased with the Koni adjustables as well. :twisted:

Im intrested in the Koni's.. do you guys know any good sites with them and what they would be worth?

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

Lowered 15mm at the front and 20mm at the back on Eibach Pro-kit springs. Scrapes like a bitch on anything slightly raised because My Spoon B pipe sits lower than the OEM one.

Cutting springs is for chavs with polo's who want them on the deck but have no form of handling. It is never recommended because you will never get them exactly the same and they wont sit right in the struts better to buy something and save hassle later on. Mine on Tein springs with 18" wheels

P5220076.jpg

Cutting springs is for chavs with polo's who want them on the deck but have no form of handling. It is never recommended because you will never get them exactly the same and they wont sit right in the struts better to buy something and save hassle later on.

Well said!

If you want to save money buy some springs and fit them yourself, its not hard to do if you do a little research before you start.

Back