• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering Springs

Well, I like firm, I run coilovers on my DC2...
I just remembered someone saying spoon springs are nice and firm.

Nice comments guys...The suspension set-up for ep3's are quite harsh anyway. I was wondering if these anybody know how good it is if I was replace the standard springs with tein springs. Does it give you a much harder ride? Because, I use my car alot on country lanes. So, the first thing comes in to mine is 'pop holes' and humps. My car seems to be loosing the alignment quite easily as well. I've changed the front and rear chamber. It seems to be working right now. But still isn't enough for cornering....is there any suggestion guys?

Yous dont like cut springs then lol.. This car has standard springs cut..looks and handles dead on..

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 55
Your opinion of handling 'dead on' and mine will differ vastly. Cut springs are a stupid idea.

Spoon springs aren't harsh IMO, they're fine on country roads and deal with smaller bumps better than stock springs. I do 99% of my driving on country roads and I had no issues with them on my old EP3.

Nice comments guys...The suspension set-up for ep3's are quite harsh anyway. I was wondering if these anybody know how good it is if I was replace the standard springs with tein springs. Does it give you a much harder ride? Because, I use my car alot on country lanes. So, the first thing comes in to mine is 'pop holes' and humps. My car seems to be loosing the alignment quite easily as well. I've changed the front and rear chamber. It seems to be working right now. But still isn't enough for cornering....is there any suggestion guys?

How have you changed the camber all round then?

Oh and btw they're called pot holes rather than pop, and it's camber not chamber.

Lowering your car is fine in moderation. The JDM EP3 above with cut springs is too low and I struggle to see how that will handle well. I personally think if you can't see the top of the tyre when nobody is sitting in the car, then you've gone too low.

The reason for lowering should be to improve the handling rather than trying to make it look "sick geez"

Cut springs, whatever fcuking next? Is the EP3 becoming the new 'corsa' brigades transport of choice ? :x :(

:evil: if you can't afford to modify your car properly it should be left standard. Why go to the effort of getting a JDM EP3 which is a fantastic handling car and cut it like that, wrecks the whole ethos of the car imo.

Back