• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lowering VTEC

Could I have my vtec point lowered to around 4700 with just the gruppe m and the rbc if I get it mapped at TDI North with a K100??

Or do you need the manifold along with a decent exhaust as well??

Don't need much more power, just want a bit more torque along with hitting vtec earlier....

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you are on about having the car remapped?

The mapper sets the VTEC crossover to where the high cam starts making more power than the low cam. There isn't any point making higher or lower than that point. It varies depending on the mods you have but it is typically in the mid 4ks.

If you mess about changing it with a VTEC controller or whatever crap without having it properly mapped you are asking for trouble as the fuelling and cam angles aren't changed from the stock map, which will more than likely lose power and risk damage through detonation etc...

Yes but only with a K100 or Kpro remap. If you plan on getting a manifold it would be best to get that and the remap at the same time

Assuming you are on about having the car remapped?

The mapper sets the VTEC crossover to where the high cam starts making more power than the low cam. There isn't any point making higher or lower than that point. It varies depending on the mods you have but it is typically in the mid 4ks.

If you mess about changing it with a VTEC controller or whatever crap without having it properly mapped you are asking for trouble as the fuelling and cam angles aren't changed from the stock map, which will more than likely lose power and risk damage through detonation etc...

yeah sorry, I should have said mapping it with tdi north with a k100...

Yes but only with a K100 or Kpro remap. If you plan on getting a manifold it would be best to get that and the remap at the same time

yes to the k100 remap, but wanted to do it without outlaying the manifold and exhaust also....

You can get a standard car mapped with k100 , it just gets mapped to get the best setup.

TDi will do it properly and set it where it should be. If you ask them to set it at a certain point, they'll tell you exactly the same as what I have. :smt023

thanks chaps.....if I get it mapped, will go the whole hog I think...rbc, mani, exhaust, already have gruppe m....

drives so nice already with the lsd and FRSU from Grinspeed....

Back