• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Awsome results dude! Interested to see how you get on with the charger on a daily basis. Been considering the rotrex for my FD2 for a while now just can't seem to bite the bullet and go for it.

Well done with the result! Was good to meet you @ tdi on Thursday.Mine made 243. Drives really well now. Enjoy :)

Awsome results dude! Interested to see how you get on with the charger on a daily basis. Been considering the rotrex for my FD2 for a while now just can't seem to bite the bullet and go for it.

Cheers bud, and cheers all for the comments. I'm properly chuffed with it.

The car is my daily so I should be able to give an opinion pretty sharpish.

It is pretty easy to drive sedately, the main thing when doing this though is the clutch. The biting point is a lot smaller than on the standard clutch, so setting off slowly will take some practice. That being said, the clutch hasn't done 100 miles yet, so will change as it beds in.

Fuel economy will also show itself this week as I've got quite a few miles already planned in at work. :lol:

Well done with the result! Was good to meet you @ tdi on Thursday.Mine made 243. Drives really well now. Enjoy :)

Excellent result, did it make more in the mid range, did your VTEC point change as a result?

Aye, good to meet you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul's done a nice civilised job on your car - this is very much more refined than the original Baby ROTREX - but that was nearly 6 years ago! OK it doesn't quite make the headline numbers (Baby was 332BHP) but that really isn't the point - yours is legal, more driveable and doesn't have the nasty VTEC power spike that threw me across the road a few times.

The TTS kit is also much better designed and built these days and the installation looks good.

Enjoy - but hang on, you are in for some ride - should you choose!

Seano

Vtec is now @5200. It almost drives like a standard car now. With a defined change over. But no dip in power. It made 7bhp up on last time And 10lbft of torque. A little bit more mid range but not much has really changed since last time other than the PRC. How are you finding the diff? That's going be my next thing to do :)

**** me Loxy that is a beast of a thing, amazing figures.

I sold my GoPro a couple of months back otherwise I'd say lets hook it up. Happy to be a camera man for you though if you're out in it.

Reading this thread is going to make me spend monies I don't have. You *******.

It does but at the same time you can pootle about almost normally.

This was the aspect that was always missing with my FD2, and only got worse once the car was tweaked, although maybe it was partly me :lol: You'd have to ask dotty.

Good job though, I bet you're very pleased.

Can't believe I've missed all these updates over the last few days. As has been said, figures are looking great, hope you see off a few Clarkson fanboys in their EP3's. Hope it's as much fun as it looks.

Paul's done a nice civilised job on your car - this is very much more refined than the original Baby ROTREX - but that was nearly 6 years ago! OK it doesn't quite make the headline numbers (Baby was 332BHP) but that really isn't the point - yours is legal, more driveable and doesn't have the nasty VTEC power spike that threw me across the road a few times.

The TTS kit is also much better designed and built these days and the installation looks good.

Enjoy - but hang on, you are in for some ride - should you choose!

Seano

Finally joined the club Seano! :lol:

Getting it tested at the weekend to see if it will pass the emissions. Should be by all accounts. ;)

Vtec is now @5200. It almost drives like a standard car now. With a defined change over. But no dip in power. It made 7bhp up on last time And 10lbft of torque. A little bit more mid range but not much has really changed since last time other than the PRC. How are you finding the diff? That's going be my next thing to do :)

The diff is excellent. I really didn't think it would have made that much difference to grip but I was so wrong.

Why Honda didn't fit a diff to the EP3 and FN2 from the start is beyond me.

Great car Loxy !!!! And thanks for the trip out, It really is a machine. :twisted:

You're welcome! Good to see you again!

Great work John and Tdi.

Lunacy power for an FF car, insane.

It doesn't feel silly powerful, just quick if that makes sense?

Did my first fast set-off today and it is going to take some perfecting. 1st gear over 5,000 rpm is just wasting my tyres, second is funny it grips after the gear change then if you are not careful starts spinning the wheels at 6,500rpm again.

It is odd spinning both wheels as well and not just the one with the least grip. :lol:

**** me Loxy that is a beast of a thing, amazing figures.

I sold my GoPro a couple of months back otherwise I'd say lets hook it up. Happy to be a camera man for you though if you're out in it.

Reading this thread is going to make me spend monies I don't have. You *******.

I'll have to take you up on that one weekend when you aren't out gallivanting I think.

One sobering thought though, look at my first post. I've added up what I've spent so far. :smt095

When I think of what else I could have done with the money. I wouldn't have my car mind, but makes you wonder.

This was the aspect that was always missing with my FD2, and only got worse once the car was tweaked, although maybe it was partly me :lol: You'd have to ask dotty.

Good job though, I bet you're very pleased.

I remember you saying even a trip down the shops turned into the qualifying at Monaco. :lol:

Maybe it is just me, but cruise helps especially on the motorway, stops me chasing gaps. On the road though I tend to get stuck in traffic, but overtaking will be easier now! :)

This looks amazing mate. Must be a dream to drive.

Cheers bud. It is exactly what I wanted, but I'm still getting used to it really.

Can't believe I've missed all these updates over the last few days. As has been said, figures are looking great, hope you see off a few Clarkson fanboys in their EP3's. Hope it's as much fun as it looks.

That's it, it is a great laugh to be honest. The look on the guy's face this morning in the Scirocco GT TSI as he went to overtake me on the slip road onto the M61 and I dropped it into 4th. :twisted:

Had the car back for a week now so thought I'd give a little update.

The car is fast. You can get the tyres to squeal in a straight line in bone dry conditions in 1st and 2nd from rolling starts and just planting your foot and I lit both front wheels up coming round a NSL roundabout on the way to work this morning in third, again perfect bone dry conditions.

4th gear is very impressive, the range of speeds you can achieve in it and the rate at which it will accelerate in that gear is fantastic. Will be the gear of choice for country lane adventures methinks.

I am starting to learn how to drive it. You need a very planned and measured approach to acceleration, as I can't just bury my foot and wring it's neck like I did before.

Had my first fuel refill yesterday and I had managed 24.9 mpg over 190 miles. Less than I was hoping to be honest, but I have been hooning it at every opportunity. I'm expecting this to climb a little as I get used to it.

Took a lad at work for a spin at lunchtime (Burger King run) and he said through gritted teeth that it is considerably faster than his bugeye Impreza WRX now. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed 24 isn't that bad considering i average at 26-27mpg. In fact its tempting me to save and supercharge! Food for thought :twisted:

Funny that you consider MPG after splurging 6k on getting a charger :lol:

Not far off that, had the LSD, flywheel and clutch done as well! :lol:

It's the practicality of it though with the mpg, and the reason many Evos have 5+ owners.

No good being able to afford to buy it if you can't afford the fill up. :lol:

Back