• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Stock valve train is 8600 limited though. I won't explode at 8700 though I admit.

More than 240 @:tdi ???

Oh yeah more than 240! :lol:

Paul overlayed the graph with a FD2 he did yesterday that had the Mugen intake and a full Toda exhaust. It was a very similar pattern, the new cams edging it by a few ftlb/bhp. Considering virtually any FN2 manifold is quite a bit more restrictive than the FD2 one because of the route it's got to take, quite a good showing.

Sounds good mate. As long as they aren't very ramped and costs are good they seem a good option. JDMs are very pricey now

Near today money lol

Why did you remove the Rotrex?

Basically >

In a straight line boost is great. For being able to chuck it into corners and feel the back end coming round, gunning the throttle and it dragging itself out and accelerating away, it is NA every day.

The Rotrex turned it very much into a point and squirt type of car. A different type of fun from the car I had.

I found it turned the car into too much of straight line car and I couldn't get the LSD to work properly with the extra power. I can drive faster point to point in it now that it is NA than I could with the Rotrex, but it's down to my driving style.

I bought the FN2 because it is cracking in the bends, it's a twisties sort of car.

I'm watching with interest as ever :). That's a rude amount of power!!

Sent via the NecronomiPhon, inter cranial transmission device

Good seeing you again today John.

This is now 2 FN2s with slightly different mods that have made over 250. :)

Loxy was right about exhaust cam timing. ;)

Sounds good mate. As long as they aren't very ramped and costs are good they seem a good option. JDMs are very pricey now

Near toda money lol

FD2s are £767ish plus VAT just for the cams. Silly prices really.

They aren't as ramped as the Skunk2s and they should literally be just like the FD2s in that they can drop straight in on a stock valve train, tensioner and chain etc.

Fair point mate, i can imagine that the petrol cost went up with the super charger?

I was averaging 22mpg with it which for 324bhp and 200ftlb isn't that bad really. The best I got on a run was coming back from JAE last year when I got 29.6mpg. Sat at 70 on cruise all the way.

I'm watching with interest as ever :). That's a rude amount of power!!

It's so smooth and predictable though which is how I like it. It just keeps on going, you don't want to change gear! :D

We'll see later in the week when Paul can do a fair back to back with the Skunk2s.

Pity I missed you, car sounded pretty good on the dyno dude. Didn't realise the exhaust was as loud as it is.

Pity I missed you, car sounded pretty good on the dyno dude. Didn't realise the exhaust was as loud as it is.

That's the manifold that's done that. 96.5 dB on the static test though.

Just seen on FB Paul has spilled the beans. He must be excited :lol:

I fitted them in my car and made similar power but I can't really push something we develop in-house on our own cars as people will say the cards were stacked. :lol:
Also my car has had extensive head work done plus running FD2 pistons and HC head gasket so not a great example really.
Whats important to me and everyone else is unbiased opinions and tests on "customers" cars.

Unlike:
Buy this.... It's awesome.....made a bazillion bhp...tested on my car.....etc etc . ;)

:lol:

The drive home was certainly impressive. I'll be having a decent drive on Monday so I'll have a good view of what they are like then.

Really impressed on how they just keep pulling.

I've read the last few pages but need to go back further. Thought the spending had stopped Loxy.

I've read the last few pages but need to go back further. Thought the spending had stopped Loxy.

It has, sort of.

I've volunteered mine as a test car for some new cams.

The tensioner breaking is going to cost, though the Toda one isn't harshly priced and if I like the cams going in in a few weeks I've got to pay to keep them. Based on these drop-in ones from today, I can't see me handing them back to be honest.

Back