• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

LPG

Just been searching and there are no posts about this.

Since I got my ctr fuel has gone up a lot. Spending roughly £1600 a year on fuel. Looking into lpg conversion, it would save me £1k a year on fuel. Also slightly cheaper tax too.

I am looking to move out in the next year or so, this would be a boost having nearly £100 a month saving over petrol.

Can get a tank in the spare wheel well, so not using all the boot up. New systems now 'learn' how the petrol injectors work so it's the same timings as on petrol. At 42p a litre and many petrol stations close to me it is tempting.

The main drawback is having somehwere to put the filler cap. The existing cap isn't big enough to incoporate another one so may put it on the other side of the car so not look weird with two caps.

Has anyone had this done on a ctr or any other car? I know they tend to be done on bigger cars but I dont' really want to change the ctr!

The gas is high octane and many have said how the engine performance better with gas. Also it burns cleaner so your engine should last longer.

Taken from DC5 forum:

C&S Evo7 said:
no pros as far as i can see,
i think you would need a kpro or something to map as there is no way you could have vtec without
uses more gas than petrol, loses performance, gas price going up, cost £1-1.5K to install if it is even possible.

Well i run my everyday car on LPG.
But i cover over 40K miles a year so the conversion paid for itself within 8 months.
There used to be a CTR that was raced national events that was a dual-fuel car.
The main thing is to find a place that is very good at conversions,that knows there stuff as there are quite a few cowboys out there.
I have read on an LPG forum of a CTR that was converted to LPG,and it ran like a dream.
If you can afford it why not but yourself a run around that has been converted to LPG already.
So many people are scared of LPG due to all the horror stories that get circulated but i have had no problems with my car for 100K miles running on LPG.

When i sell my Integra Type R my next car will be converted straight away,which won't be long.
Anyone want a Facelift Integra Type R?

Back