• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

What the advantages of LSD(Oem JDM EP3,Dc5,aftermarket) vs. OEM..Is it going in the transmission without modification..What is the best for road use?

LSD's in the case of OEM, and most of the aftermarket ones available for the EP3 are torque biasing diffrentials that bias/manage the torque through the front wheels to assist the cars handling/cornering.

The advantages are much improved handling through the corners. I am led to believe that Wavetrac is the LSD to have because it works both under load/and unloaded too. Unlike most other LSD's on the market; that only perform under load.

Other companies include Kaaz, Quaife, Mugen etc. etc.

OEM is said to be good, but cannot take as much power as an aftermarket diffrential. OEM would be good to run on a stock car I guess with a few small mods. But for seriously modded cars, seeking more power, aftermarket would be the way to go to.

It is advisable to have the clutch replaced (depending on how old it is) when opting for an LSD - Oh and yeah they're transmission/gearbox installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LSD's in the case of OEM, and most of the aftermarket ones available for the EP3 are torque biasing diffrentials that bias/manage the torque through the front wheels to assist the cars handling/cornering.

The advantages are much improved handling through the corners. I am led to believe that Wavetrac is the LSD to have because it works both under load/and unloaded too. Unlike most other LSD's on the market; that only perform under load.

Other companies include Kaaz, Quaife, Mugen etc. etc.

OEM is said to be good, but cannot take as much power as an aftermarket diffrential. OEM would be good to run on a stock car I guess with a few small mods. But for seriously modded cars, seeking more power, aftermarket would be the way to go to.

It is advisable to have the clutch replaced (depending on how old it is) when opting for an LSD - Oh and yeah they're transmission/gearbox installed.

I think to put Injen Cai and Supersprint b-pipe in future,so for me is Oem Lsd Jdm Ctr,FD2,Dc5 quite ok?

The JDM oem diff is quite good and comparable to the Quaife. I personally wouldn't get a wavetrac because for a front wheel drive car you don't really want it locking under braking as it will unsettle the cars handling when pushed hard.

The JDM oem diff is quite good and comparable to the Quaife. I personally wouldn't get a wavetrac because for a front wheel drive car you don't really want it locking under braking as it will unsettle the cars handling when pushed hard.

The Wavetrac won't lock anything like enough to cause a problem under braking. A wavetrac would still be fine for road and track. It wouldn't be anything like as aggressive as a plate diff and I found no adverse issues running a 1.5way locking diff in my Teg.

Why must change clutch when fitting Lsd?

You don't have to, it's just an ideal time as the gearbox is already off the car to do the LSD and can save in costs a bit further down the line, but if your clutch still has lots left on it, it's certainly not a must do :D

You don't have to, it's just an ideal time as the gearbox is already off the car to do the LSD and can save in costs a bit further down the line, but if your clutch still has lots left on it, it's certainly not a must do :D

For 400 EUR can get Dc5 used LSD,is that a good price?Is it going in the transmission without modification?

I'd be looking to get it for less than 400 EUR. Diff will need to be shimmed when fitted. If you're quite mechanically minded then its not too much of a big job to do. For peace of mind get a reputable garage to do it. They'll have it (and clutch if needed) fitted in less than a day.

iirc both EP3 and DC5 lsd's are generic but pretty sure the location of the speed sensor changed at some point. Might not have been UKDM models though. Hasnic...??

"Diff will need to be shimmed when fitted"the location of the speed sensor changed at some point"-Can you explain a little better?:rolleyes:

Back