• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 LSD worth the extra?

Hey all. Im looking to get a type r fn2, have a budget of 5-6k. It looks like I might be able to get a newer model with the LSD at the top end of my budget, but itll have 100k+ miles.

Or, at the lower end of my budget I could get one without a LSD with 60-70k miles and a decent service history.

Does the LSD make enough of a difference for the extra cost + risk with the high mileage?

Find a lowish mileage one at 5k then use the leftovers and have an LSD fitted?

This is your best bet. I don't have lsd on mine and i still think it drives and handles exceptionally well. Will be getting eibach springs and brakes upgraded instead

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cheers, that hadn't occurred to me - I generally don't like modifying cars beyond stock, but the LSD was an option when new right? So could probably get Honda parts.

What's the ballpark for something like that? A quick Google says maybe £1k?

I guess the next question is - is it actually worth it? From what I've read, on the road it makes pretty much no difference but maybe on a track. Is it the sort of thing where you'd need to be the stig to actually be able to benefit from the LSD?

Having driven with and without an LSD, I'd never not have one now! £1K is about right, members often change the clutch at the same time to save on labour.

You'll be able to find a used one , get one from a DC5 / FD2 , or buy an m factory one brand new. I'd not be without an lsd.

I have a 57 reg with a Quaife ATB limited slip diff fitted and the grip is very impressive!

Possibly another 'tried and tested' option for you which isn't dissimilar to an OEM feeling LSD.

As mentioned. Definitely worth the extra money to have one.

I went from having a LSD in a DC5 to an EP3 without. The way it pulls you through and out the corners is a big difference.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. Looks like I should either hold out for a good one that's already got an LSD or get one installed myself

My car has an LSD, my previous FN2 didn't. Having driven both I can say that there is a huge difference, and driving even slightly spirited shows up the benefits of an LSD. Applying throttle round a corner gives an odd sensation as your pulled to the inside of the bend. On the flip side though if it's wet I've noticed the diff locking and both wheels spinning coming out of a junction with quite a bit of steering lock and then the car just doesn't turn and continues in a straight line! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road EP3 has one and it's the best thing about the car!

Track EP3 doesn't have one, still very good but would be loads better with one.

I am in the same boat really with 6 to 7k to spend.
What year has the LSD in? If it's that good I want. I also want sat nav and that's not easy to find!

How much would a decent aftermarket lsd plus labour cost? I take it for normal driving you notice no real difference?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back