• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

lukej's NHB CTR. Update 16/07/2014: The first 1000 miles & subtle additions

Evening all,

After a few weeks wait the EP3 is finally here, and by here I mean Dad's which is 300 miles away and it's at least another week until I can get my hands on it.

Anyway the spec as I understand it as of today is completely standard bar a couple of parts from Mugen, rear window tints, facelift tail lights and some optional extras (A/C and fog lights), oh and a ton of bad stickers. There'll be some TRO stickers to replace the outgoing ones but all in due course.

Enough of the suspense, here it is. So excited :)

Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday morning update, we bought this from a labourer who worked on site with my old man and it was a bit grubby. Whilst I'm in Swansea waiting to get some time off, Dad has been doing a solid job of getting it straight for me.

I'm waiting on a picture of the finished product but it's had the whole interior, carpets and all removed to be cleaned up to get rid of brick dust etc and see if anything needs repairing/replacing which it turns out it does. The bits to be replaced were part of my plans for modifying it slightly so it's advanced those but all in all it's not a bad example, especially at the price we paid for it.

Touch wood I'll be home next weekend to service it and take it for the FRSU once we get some upgrades fitted ;)

Don't want to come across as a spoilt kid whose parents give him the earth by saying what my Dad has been up to in my absence, just we're both car guys and he's tidying it up as much as he can before I go home for a bit.

Coming fresh out of Uni and into a new job that needs a car I told him my budget and he went searching for an affordable example in Kent whilst I did the same in Swansea.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Thanks

Luke

Evening all, a quick photo update now that the car has had the valet treatment. Now that it's all cleaned up and sticker free it's time to get started with the whole making it my own thing, just as a side note I've also discovered that it has genuine JDM Type R mats and Mugen door threshold covers. Enough talking for now mind, here's some more pictures :D

Luke

Looks tidy Luke,better now the stickers have gone! Spots and air con as extras too! I don't think the mats it's came with are genuine jdm mats though sorry bud.

Those stickers were awful ;) If those mats aren't the real deal it'll back a shame. Just another thing to go on the shopping list :)

Luke

Yes they were awful pal lol. I think the mats are just aftermarket mats off ebay maybe... The JDM mats you will be looking for are these.

Now they're pretty, need me some of those... Yeah mine look different now, didn't spot the black piping on mine at first hiding under the paper mats :/

Luke

There cracking mats to be fair, really well made! They pop up quite often on ebay and different forums but be prepared to pay around £150 for a nice set. There were some new ones on ebay last week for £300,Starting bid lol! Maybe a little much to wipe your feet though....

Don't get me wrong there are some decent mats about for a fraction of the jdm mats it just all depends on what you want.

Sounds cool bud! I think your first goal will be trying to keep it clean,nhb are a nightmare to keep shiny...

Ahh you've had some practice then. This is my first black car so finding it a little frustrating trying to keep it clean. Best colour by far after a good polish and wax though.

I do like a white jdm ep3 too,couple about for sale at the mo... I would be very tempted by a mint white dc5!

Update time! Now that I've had the car in my posession for a few days (7 to be exact) I thought I'd share with you all what I've been up to with the car in this first week :)

Going back to Kent to pick up a car that was originally from Bristol seems a bit arse backwards but that was where it all started in the unit I own down there. I don't have any pictures of this because I was trying to entertain a bored Mrs, a grumpy old man (my old man) and do the work on the car. Something had to giive, I'm sorry. ;)

Anyway, I gave it a quick service, replacing all of the fluids and the oil filter as it last had those in January and I want to keep her running sweet. New track rod ends and full laser alignment was in order too so those got done on Monday this week. Again no pictures, but you've probably seen that stuff before anyway so no real loss...

Here it was just as I left to tome back to Wales this Tuesday:

When I arrived back home, some TRO decals had arrived from Mook, quick delivery etc so thanks pal. They're in the tried and tested location but I think that's where they look best so here they are:

Yes that's a Lego phone case, after cars my affections turn to plastic building blocks, I even used Lego animation to help get my current job. :D

Last of all, I picked these up over the weekend, not certain if they're the real deal of not, the finish isn't great but I understand that's the case with the Mugen ones and that sometimes Fugen ones are better looking. So, heres's some pedals for you all to judge:

That's all for now.

Cheers

Luke :p

Nice looking EP there bud. I'm a fellow lego-fiend that spends too much time cleaning NHB.

Those pedals look genuine to me. The mats look very similar to mine which were about £40 custom made, cheep and cheerful, the red really lifts the drab interior. A couple of other aftermarket things I spotted, you said it was standard so I wasn't sure if you were aware; Exhaust - piper maybe, intake - never seen one like that before, red wiring from battery - I'm guessing you have an amp tucked away somewhere.

Cheers Jimbo.

The red mats really make a difference to the interior, so glad that I have them. As far as standard goes, I was pretty sure it was right up until I collected it, not sure about the exhaust at all, it's a bit of a droner but not BuddyClub loud, the plan is to get a Mugen TwinLoop as I love the sound of it and it looks pretty subtle. :)

The intake is an AEM long arm V1, went under the car and had a look around while I was doing the rod ends last Sunday.

Wiring was there from the previous owner, he has a sub in there and there's Fusion 6x9s in the parcel shelf. All of that will come out and a new shelf will go in, hate 6x9s, want to upgrade what's in the stock locations instead.

Cheers

Luke

Back