• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

LV asking for tracker to be fitted.

Phoned LV for insurence quote and they want me to have a tracker fitted. Even the rep on the phone did not know why, crazy really considering i dont live in a dodgy area at all.

Just a note really as i will find insurance easy somewhere else.

Each insurance underwriter will have different criteria that someone has to meet. In this case it seems the underwriter requires a tracker to be fitted as they feel that in your area there is a higher theft risk on particular vehicles, hence a tracker gives them a lot greater chance at locating the vehicle after a theft and so not having to pay out as much

In this case it seems the underwriter requires a tracker to be fitted as they feel that in your area there is a higher theft risk on particular vehicles

Possibly but this is overkill for someone living in Exeter (very low risk).

Try some other companies, trackers as you probably know cost a fair bit in the first instance and you also have to pay a yearly subscription.

Possibly but this is overkill for someone living in Exeter (very low risk).

Try some other companies, trackers as you probably know cost a fair bit in the first instance and you also have to pay a yearly subscription.

Totaly agree thats why they didnt get my money and yourselves did for a happy price of £471 FC with the wife on the policy :D

LV won't even insure me on the CTR, can't believe it as i'm 25 with 4 years NCB (soon hopefully - touches wood!)

Back