• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M.o.t fail on handbrake light

Anyone have any idea or info on handbrake light staying on for m.o.t ? . Trying to find the source of the problem. But having no joy .

Handbrake sensor working.
Brake fluid sensor working and just below max.
7.5amp fuse ( #10 under dash is not blown )
Traced handbrake wire all way to cluster ( working )

Faulty fuse box ?
2nd cluster ( so doubt it would be that )

It's making me go grey

Thanks for any advice

IRC it is the same warning light? check the switch in the centre console, two screws at rear of front seats, lift it off and disconnect switch to remove it from the circuit...

crowds

Hi . Just to state .
The handbrake sensor ( under the handbrake trim is fully working )

Also the CEL light is not on.
Only the handbrake light ( ! ) <---- can this still be read with a diagnostic ?

Thanks

Hi . Just to state .
The handbrake sensor ( under the handbrake trim is fully working )

Also the CEL light is not on.
Only the handbrake light ( ! ) <---- can this still be read with a diagnostic ?

Thanks

Yes, it can be read in the same way.

What do you mean?

It's quite simple. Shorting the pins as per that thread I linked will display any stored CEL codes and ABS codes.

Sorry. How will you be able to read the code? As isn't the link for someone that doesn't have a diagnostic machine ?

Thanks and sorry for acting dumb lol

Read the thread I linked, the information is in there. It will flash the ABS/handbrake light, write the code down then look it up. My money is on one of the ABS speed sensors.

wgk8slvnr

That's upside down in my picture

So 4 and 9 are on the left side of plug. My wires are on right side ? Should I try upside down ?
I hope you understand what I mean lol

Face it toward you as per the diagram. You don't need access to the wires, just the plug.

Facing it towards me as in the digram has the following .
1. NothING
2.nothing
3.nothing
4. Black wire
5. Brown yellow
6. Nothing
7 green wire
8 nothing
9 nothing
10 nothing
11 nothing
12 nothing
13 nothing
14 light yellowish
15 nothing
16 red white

Just follow the guide I posted. If that doesn't work then get a code reader on it.

Back