• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M.o.t fail on handbrake light

I'm not sure then. Maybe some are like that, give a code reader a try.

Yeh it's booked it Thursday . I tried all the pins but the 12v so not to fry it .

Topped up brake fluid bang on max line . . Still there .

I presume the abs sensors are the ones dowe by the wheels .

? Is there a way to test them while I'm wairing for Thursday to come ?

Thank yoooou

Sometimes you can read the speed values of each wheel sensor depending on the diagnostic equipment and if the system has that capability. VAG stuff does but I'm not sure with these early Honda's.
Alternatively you can use a scope to measure each wheel sensors.

Have you checked you brake fluid level. There is a level sensor inside that will bring on the red handbrake light. This is the 1st thing I would do. If there were a abs fault then the abs light will also be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey . Yeh I went to that first used pin to short the plug to see if it turned off aswell
Have you ever seen the abs light on? If not I don't think a ob2 reader will tell you anything. Try a volt drop test on both the earths. You should see 0.3v drop or less from your power supply. If you get 0v then the earth is missing. Easy fix

Have you ever seen the abs light on? If not I don't think a ob2 reader will tell you anything. Try a volt drop test on both the earths. You should see 0.3v drop or less from your power supply. If you get 0v then the earth is missing. Easy fix

Hi sorry. Could you explain which earth's in particailuar?
I do have the diagram for the braking indicate system.
Thanks .

My friends abs light came on once and has never been on again what could this be?? He had the car code checked on everything and the computer didn't show any faults. Thought I ask since everyone is on here talking about similar topic.

My friends abs light came on once and has never been on again what could this be?? He had the car code checked on everything and the computer didn't show any faults. Thought I ask since everyone is on here talking about similar topic.

Most likely brake fluid level, when it's low or sloshing about it can trigger the warning light.

Back