• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M2 Catback SILENCED

Does anyone have the M2 catback with the resonator on? I've seen posts of people having them unsilenced, but never with the resonator on. Looking to buy soon, and don't want it too loud. Mainly looking for an exhaust clip! Thanks !

I do, just had mine fitted this week. It sounds the nuts...! Its not too loud out of vtec which was what i was looking for!

Should of just got the unsilenced then used the baffle as and when needed, sounds WAY better without the silenced centre section

i bought the full unsilenced system, sounds awesome. can get a little to loud in early mornings on choke though

Laura_91 any chance of a video of the sound? I've been running unsilenced for ages, running with the bung in destroys exhaust gaskets and I'm tempted with a silenced mid section. Is it droney on the motorway?

Also, an unsilenced sportex mild steel pipe is great with the M2 rear, ****ing loud and cheap to replace when it gets eaten by speedbumps. The pops and burble on the overrun are magnificent.

Jimbo did you ever have the full M2 cat back? or did you buy the backbox then replace the centre pipe?

i just bought a type r with the m2 nur spec style with custom unsilenced mid section and its too loud for me. think i will be changing back to standard very soon.

1 question, does the silenced m2 drone? Had to switch from my Cobra cat back to a sportex silenced with std box because the Cobra was way too droney!! Thinking putting the m2 on my sportex silenced because that bung looks good when i have the GF in the car with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
1 question, does the silenced m2 drone? Had to switch from my Cobra cat back to a sportex silenced with std box because the Cobra was way too droney!! Thinking putting the m2 on my sportex silenced because that bung looks good when i have the GF in the car with me!

No the M2 silenced pipe is actually very silent on start up and fast idle thats with the bung in. I will be selling my M2 rear box and fitting a OBX twinloop to see if i can get it even more oem sounding

Even the unsilenced version is quiet with the bung in, but like jimbob has said before the bung kills gaskets, and looks pants, the unsilenced one is LOUD and does drone so at a guess the silenced wont drone but will have a nice tone under heavy load

Back