• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

M200 brake caliper clearance

WelshyWelsh

TRO Supporter
Hi guys

Sure this question has been asked previously, but a big search found nothing.

I'm considering changing my front calipers on my M200 as it's the only area I'm not 100% happy with currently.

I had Spoons on my EP3 but had wheel wobble issues as was running spacers. I absolutely do not want to run spacers this time and definitely don't want to change the wheels.

My preference would be DC5/FD2 Brembos, seeing as the Mugen setup is over £4K! Are there any Honda OEM or JDM aftermarket options that people have fitted without the need for spacers?

I don't mind running a different disc and pads combo, but staying away from spacers.

Cheers

Your only real option will be to run different wheels if you don't want spacers. DC5 Brembos need another 20mm of clearance on the normal 18" wheels, so I would expect something similar with the Lightnings.

I had the Stoptech BBK on my FN2. Bigger disc as well as a bigger caliper, so better braking force and better heat dissipation. They needed 15mm spacers and only got 3mm of clearance then. Never had any wheel wobble with the Eibach spacers and I'd happily use them again to be honest.

I did have some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s on my FD2 and they were a fantastic lightweight wheel. You can spec them in pretty much any offset you want.

Is there a huge offset difference between the FD2 wheels and the Lightnings Loxy? Can't find the offset for mine, so will have to have a look at the wheel itself I guess.

I had the Stoptechs on the FN2 which needed another 15mm. DC5 Brembos on a FN2 need another 20mm.

Standard FN2 18s are +55 offset, and I would imagine the Lightnings would be the same.

I still run Spoon calipers, and have moved from using HR spacers to running a bigger offset wheel. The car was tracked and hooned while the spacers were on, with absolutely no problem. The spacers are back on now for winter wheel clearance.

Back