• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MAC Courses

After reading SpaceMonkey's thread on his recent MAC course, it deffinatly seems something that id be interested in doing....

I was under the impression this is only for new type-r owners i.e have brought a brand spanking new CTR from a dealer?

Is it possible to book on this course if you didn't buy your CTR from new? My CTR is an 04 which i brought from a dealer (non honda) with 1 previous owner.

Cheers.... :oops:

EDIT> What does MAC stand for??

m888arc said:
After reading SpaceMonkey's thread on his recent MAC course, it deffinatly seems something that id be interested in doing....

I was under the impression this is only for new type-r owners i.e have brought a brand spanking new CTR from a dealer?

Is it possible to book on this course if you didn't buy your CTR from new? My CTR is an 04 which i brought from a dealer (non honda) with 1 previous owner.

Cheers.... :oops:

EDIT> What does MAC stand for??

You can buy them, £295 IIRC but i don't really think it worth that, its good don't get me wrong but not £300 good, i'd feel a bit ripped off if i'd have paid £300 for it. :wink:

Mark - I bought my CTR used & still used the course.

Every CTR came with a MAC course, but depends if it's been used by the previous owner mate. You can find out by calling em on: 01745-828180 or find em on the web @ www.reduceroadrisk.co.uk

You'll need your reg no. & chassis number matey :wink:

I can't remember what MAC stands for now :oops:
I was only told yesterday :lol:

Hope this helps mate

I think MAC stands for Motoring Appreciation Course or something similar. I did the bike course back in 1999 and that stood for Motorcycle Appreciation Course.

I'm sure the guy who did mine said the guy that started it was called Macsomething or over. Or maybe I dreamt taht :lol: :lol:

Yes I agree with Neily, great for free but £300 is a bit much. I mean it's your own car and fuel etc.

Good news, looks like i can go on it!! :D :D

Just awaiting a call from David Burtie/Basset? to arrange times and dates!

Back