• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Magnex & ABP cen pipe & De-cat

Is anyone running a Magnex exhaust with ABP centre pipe (without centre box) and a decat pipe?

If so can some give an indication on how load it will be......
Or is anyone willing to swap the centre boxless section for a boxed one?

Thanks
Steve

it'll be loud....very loud!
I had a dc sports manifold, spoon mid pipe and n1 back box which means I had 1 more silencer than what u just posted and that rang in at around 110db :lol:

I think your set-up would be louder Al, the Magnex back box is a fair bit larger than the Spoon, and having heard the ABP magnex it's not that bad on it's own so with a decat it won't be much louder. It won't be completely anti-social IMO

Anyone for swaps??????????

Wouldn't normally go this route (as I'm gettin on....... 30)
But emissions lights on and the stealers want to charge £195 for the sensor, £35 for connection to the ECU & god knows how much to fit

So decat seems a cheaper option........... even if I have to buy a lifetime supply of earplugs

I ran the ABP magnex and centre pipe (though i did run the cat), Nick is correct it was quite loud but more of a burbly loud than a hi pitched 'japanese' style scream. My only issue wsa it did drone a bit at around 4k revs (where I sat at in 6th on the motorway to work everyday so it did get a bit tyresome in the end.

It is not as loud at full chat as my current set up so I would imagine it would be under 100dbs, though my SpecIV is a fair bit quiter at cruise speeds.

i have had a abp twin with unsilenced mid pipe and its not loud., so adding a decat should make a better growling sound :D

Well just had it done & its louder if not a bit too loud:( also didn't cure the engine light so not amused..........

Honda want about £50 to just tell me whats wrong.
So any ideas or anypne wanting a swap for a boxless centre pipe please let me know

steve

Well just had it done & its louder if not a bit too loud:( also didn't cure the engine light so not amused..........

Honda want about £50 to just tell me whats wrong.
So any ideas or anypne wanting a swap for a boxless centre pipe please let me know

steve

Decatting won't cure the engine light as it's still reading the emissions as illegal, you'll need Kpro or an O2 sim to cure it, if that is indeed the problem.

i have had a abp twin with unsilenced mid pipe and its not loud., so adding a decat should make a better growling sound :D

Yeah but you went for that because your Spec IV was insanely loud lol....

Well took it for a long run too cheshire oaks & its ok about 99....

But too loud at low revs:( and lights still bloody on:mad:

Yes our ABP Magnex will fit between the OEM Cat and Backbox!

Unfortunatly we don't have any stock anymore but it maybe worth looking at the Supersprint option??? It has a larger bore than the Magnex so should allow more flow for the exhaust gases.

We have them on offer currently! :D

Matt
ABP :D

Back