• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Main Beam Issue

Hi Guys,

im having a bit of difficulty changing my main beam bulb.

i have a 54 ep3 and managed to get the connector and bulb out of the light housing but the bulb doesnt disconnect from the connector like i thought it would! :rolleyes:

i tried pulling it apart and it just wont budge!!
do i need to buy the connector and bulb as one unit??? or does the bulb actually come out of the connector??

Are they like this;

premium_hb3_pb.jpg

31Y4XQD34AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

yeah that looks alot like them!

just been on the halfords website and they sell them!

i thought it must be as one unit!

it proper confused me yesterday :rolleyes:

Thats weird!! I have a 05 and the bulb is held in with a pin/sping like device and once uncliped the bulb just twists out of the light housing? The only connection is from the lead that plugs in from out side of the rubber seal.

Good luck dude, they're a pain in the ass to do. Getting it out is easy but putting them back in is a nightmare!!!!!!! Has taken me as little as 5 min and upto an hour of cutting my hands and hating the car!!!!!

Thats weird!! I have a 05 and the bulb is held in with a pin/sping like device and once uncliped the bulb just twists out of the light housing? The only connection is from the lead that plugs in from out side of the rubber seal.

Are you talking about dipped or full beam? Full beam is HB3 as pictured above and as shown as number 8 on Honda's own diagram below;

image.php

done,
cut my hand to pieces trying to twist it out of its hole!!
nice and bright now though! while i was there i thought i might aswell put Laser Blue lights in and my new funky sidelights!
ill get some pics up soon!
thanks for the help!!

Back