• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Major Gearbox clutch concern need help pls

Evening all after a 180mile trip yesterday taking it easy pulled up to a roundabout came out off 4th to go to second doing about 20 mph tryd to go to 2nd just would not go in at try 'd 1st wouldn't go in as all couldn't get it in anywhere then eventually got it in 1st then couldn't get it out then thou so drove up the road pulled over in a approbate place had a think then all of a sudden it would go into any gear :/ so got home after a very risky drive going slow not going about 2.5k on the revs and it starts going in to gear all find while idling things av noticed

major loss in power
biting point is about a inch from the floor now

so not driving it ATM

am thinking clutch or maybe possibly slave cylinder maybe

help would be very much appreciated

on the upside av got a CC stage 4 clutch sitting here waiting

how much is it a chew on to get the box out

Sounds like your pressure plate on the clutch has gone or is in the process of doing so. I had similar experiences with my FN2.

I also had a CC stage 4 that lasted 4 weeks in the car before I took it out because it was too heavy to use in daily traffic on my commute.

You have to drop the subframe to get the box out on an EP3 I believe, but the mechanic I used said he preferred changing clutches on EP3s to FN2s as it was a quicker job.

Oh, and please mind the text speak: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

;)

Cheers Loxy that was my initial thought tbh its in the garage atm and gonna start taking it apart tomorrow subframe has to come out to get the box out and two sets of hands is better than one it'll be a experience a know that yeah heard the stage 4 is a bit heavy had a heavy clutch on me old car so it'll be ok lol cheers for the reply bud

Well mangaged to get lots of pressure in the slave cylinder after pressure bleeding it only took 2 pumps but now a cant select any gears while the cars turned on any ideas

Did you change the clutch? Still sounds like it's not fully disengaging.

Did you change the clutch? Still sounds like it's not fully disengaging.
Yeah changed the clutch was fine for 200 or so mile then just can't get it in gear now after the whole pressure in the slave in me other post getting bit sick thinking box off and have a good old rake about and put standard clutch back in at the same time lol

Back