• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Major problem ............. urgent help needed

Morning guys,

I went out to start cleaning my engine bay and started by loosening the 10mm bolts for the spark plug cover, wasn't paying enough attention and started to undo one of the rocker cover nuts! By quarter of a turn I saw i was being a tool so tightened it back up, quarter of a turn. At this point i realized there was not bite and it was not tightening, closer inspection revealed that the bolt was hanging on by a thread and as i removed the socket it all came off as well......... sh*t.

Obviously it must be repaired but the questions have are this...

1. how will it be repaired and approx how much?

2. is it drivable i.e to Honda to get fixed?

Pic:

IMG_5207.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5208.jpg
[/IMG]

urgent responses needed.

thanks.

I would say it's drivable to honda, just don't VTEC it.

IIRC, they are just double ended bolts so should be simple enough to swap out.

Ok next question I have been having a think about this and the last time a spanner came into contact with this area was on my service back in May when I had my valve clearances done. Honda's fault or not that it sheared?

Ok next question I have been having a think about this and the last time a spanner came into contact with this area was on my service back in May when I had my valve clearances done. Honda's fault or not that it sheared?

Your fault, you broke it.

It looks like its snapped off with some of the stud still sticking up (once you remove the washer), so shouldnt be too hard to remove.

Right, quick update for everyone, Honda have sourced a new bolt and it is coming in tomorrow morning. The cost of the work is £48.00 all in, which I thought was not too bad.

Back