• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

making standard again ?

Nin

recently bought a 2008 type r, which had been lowered by 25mm. I'm finding the ride really hard, bit too hard for me,low profiles arent helping either, but i'm thinking of going back to standard springs. bought some oem springs for £25. am i doing the right thing. will normal springs make the ride that much better ? in two minds what to do . any advice . thanks ian

do you know what springs are fitted at presant, 25mm isnt going to make that much difference but if the lowering springs are of a cheap quality then that could be your issue , in which case yes the standard springs will make a difference

I lowered mine 15mm on Eibach Progressive springs and they were much much better than standard springs. That might be because they are progressive (don't follow Hooks Law so are initially lightly spring, until they are compressed and then they become stiffer).

Have you had a ride in a FN2 without lowering springs to see if you prefer it?

Back