• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Making the change...

Alright folks, after thinking about changing my vxr for an fn2 type r for a week or so I've been to have a look at a Mugen with my dad as he's thinking of getting one (he always has to go one better than me haha) it was just down the road from where I live, I didn't get to test drive it as it had just been sold, I know the Mugen looks a bit different to a normal type r but I have to say seeing one up close has only help my decision, great looking car, they look a lot better in the flesh, I will definitely be purchasing one in the coming months :)

Cheers lads, yeh I will be doing, I've just had a flick through your thread rosco, exact same as me, I love mine it's just I fancy something with better build quality and more grown up, my dad got me wanting a jap with his Evo

This is my vxr
y9u7a6ap.jpg

This is my dads
yqyjasez.jpg

i love your dads evo i would swap my civic for one of these just cant afford running costs at the moment

You will not regret it

Hope not, the regret of getting rid of the corsa isn't the problem now ***, it's the regret of wishing I'd have got an ep3, or visa versa, cannot decide which I'd rather have, love the rawness of the ep3 but I love the more mature look of the fn2, I've got adult on one shoulder and boy racer on the other haha :)

Only thing i think is lacking in the EP3 is it feels a little old in side. but its still a great car and i won't be parting with mine for a few year yet.

I have never owned an EP3, friend of mine had one and let me have a few goes; as howie said, it does feel a little dated inside and unfortunately has that boy racer tag.

I had the same dilemma before I bought my FN2; I always wanted a CTR but by the time I could afford one, the FN2 had come down in price. Not only was it going to cost more (obv), but I was put off by Jeremy Clarksons Top Gear review, but I have since learned that his review has been shot down by many other car reviews and owners of the FN2, Check out this review by a normal guy telling it as it is:

http://youtu.be/pXhjYhrWQIU

The main reason I went for the FN2 is that I wanted a car that had a few creature comforts (cruise control, climate control, etc), had a nice interior but with real hot hatch performance, and the FN2 has all those things!

Proof is in the pudding though mate, go drive both and decide for yourself!

I have never drove an FN2 but i think it will be my next car. about 6 month ago i decided i wanted a change or do somthing to the EP3 so i decided just to do stuff to the ep3 and keep it for a couple more year.

As above i would test drive the both of them then make you're mind up.

I have both and I do like the fn2, the ep3 is a more fun car to drive IMO but the fn2 has the gadgets, much better interior and is just as quick although it doesn't feel it with the seating position being higher. One downside I've noticed is you need to spend a lot of money on the fn2 to increase the power compared to the ep3.

I have both and I do like the fn2, the ep3 is a more fun car to drive IMO but the fn2 has the gadgets, much better interior and is just as quick although it doesn't feel it with the seating position being higher. One downside I've noticed is you need to spend a lot of money on the fn2 to increase the power compared to the ep3.

And a lot of money on making the bodywork look better as well, is the ep still a good car though even though it looks a bit 'dated'??

True lol but still keep youre eyes open for them, I'd have a DC5 over both anyday. If you're after tuning a car up a bit then I'd go for an ep3 because you get a better return for the money spent on mods but if you're not to fussed or want to make some minor changes go for an fn2.

I'm not into tuning that much, don't get me wrong it'd be nice but not a necessity. I have ideas for both cars, my plan for an fn2 was black car, white rages, lowered 30-40mil, then I seen an ep that I fell in love with...

This
y8aje8u7.jpg

erymujyg.jpg

This is exactly how I'd have an ep if I had one, I'm very picky with how my cars look :)

I think if I had neither now and was looking for a civic Type r I'd go for an fn2 tbh

I think if I had neither now and was looking for a civic Type r I'd go for an fn2 tbh

Arghhhh haha that's what a few people have said, damn! Ha I'm going looking at an fn2 tomorrow, not one for sale, just a member off civinfo who lives local, better than going to a dealer and have him chew my ear off

I came from an EP3 to an FN2. Never regretted the decision. The FN2 is a car I've been willing to spend money on as it's a keeper. The EP3 I didn't feel the same way about.

Don't get me wrong I still look at EP3s with affection, they are a cracking car. The FN2 is just more of an all round package. You get the performance and a few toys that the EP3 is lacking a bit of if I'm being honest.

The FN2 fits in with what I need it for. I can trundle to work quite happily in reasonable comfort and I can show a clean pair of heels to most things on the road when I want to.

As has been said though, the price of FN2 tuning bits has been quite high, but more bits are coming on the secondhand market all the time.

Back